Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > D-I-Y Projects
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2020, 06:50 PM   #51
gigem95
Ten Point
 
gigem95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: College Station, TX
Hunt In: Grimes,Montgomery,Waller County
Default

Looking good. Gotta love YouTube!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gigem95 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2020, 10:12 PM   #52
rut-ro
Ten Point
 
rut-ro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Sugar Land
Hunt In: Leon,Madison and Zavalla
Default

I gotta construction book if you want to borrow it. It’s the same book Antlers used to build his house and his brother in-laws house. But it looks like you got it going on
rut-ro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2020, 04:52 PM   #53
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rut-ro View Post
I gotta construction book if you want to borrow it. Itís the same book Antlers used to build his house and his brother in-laws house. But it looks like you got it going on
Preciate it. I'm calling in favors for the plumbing part. Trim work should be easy

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-08-2020, 11:51 AM   #54
Ashiller
Spike
 
Ashiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Harker heights
Hunt In: Gatesville, killeen
Default

Great job
Ashiller is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-08-2020, 12:09 PM   #55
ctom87
Ten Point
 
ctom87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: Searching.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashiller View Post
Great job
Wonderful insight.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
ctom87 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-08-2020, 12:17 PM   #56
SwampRanger
Pope & Young
 
SwampRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: 3rd Coast
Hunt In: Batson
Default

Looks awesome!
SwampRanger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2020, 10:14 AM   #57
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Got all the plumbing hooked up last weekend with the help of a couple buddies. wired in the water heater. Who knew a 40 gallon 220 was only 10 bucks more than a 120 30 gallon ??


Going to get some wall panel up this weekend. Wife says she needed privacy for a shower for some reason.

much refreshments was had after the work day...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2020, 10:19 AM   #58
gigem95
Ten Point
 
gigem95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: College Station, TX
Hunt In: Grimes,Montgomery,Waller County
Default

Going to get some wall panel up this weekend. Wife says she needed privacy for a shower for some reason.

Wives are funny sometimes!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gigem95 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2020, 07:46 PM   #59
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Just about got the grande poo room done this weekend. Wife cracked the whip so hard I didnt even get the boat in the water.

Bucks showed up in force Saturday night and stayed till lunch today

Also reserved a spot for all my help to sign off on their work

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2020, 10:12 PM   #60
gigem95
Ten Point
 
gigem95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: College Station, TX
Hunt In: Grimes,Montgomery,Waller County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
Just about got the grande poo room done this weekend. Wife cracked the whip so hard I didnt even get the boat in the water.

Bucks showed up in force Saturday night and stayed till lunch today

Also reserved a spot for all my help to sign off on their work

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Looks great!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gigem95 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 10:33 AM   #61
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigem95 View Post
Looks great!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
your buddy down the street got new neighbors. I guess their about to build something cause they took down 3 giant trees in the front yard
Quackerbox is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 10:34 AM   #62
gigem95
Ten Point
 
gigem95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: College Station, TX
Hunt In: Grimes,Montgomery,Waller County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
your buddy down the street got new neighbors. I guess their about to build something cause they took down 3 giant trees in the front yard

That doesnít sound good!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gigem95 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 10:05 PM   #63
droebuck
Ten Point
 
droebuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Menard
Default

Bathroom looks awesome and that is a solid neighborhood buck.
droebuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 11:30 PM   #64
bmac
Ten Point
 
bmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Weatherford
Hunt In: Robertson Co. & TPWD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post


Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Had to zoom in the realize this was for a future sink and not the TP holder. Had me worried for a bit as that would be a long stretch.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bmac is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2020, 09:18 AM   #65
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac View Post
Had to zoom in the realize this was for a future sink and not the TP holder. Had me worried for a bit as that would be a long stretch.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hahaha..yeah the room is 10x7!

She had an antique dresser thing I was supposed to convert to a vanity. Now she decides to put that in the house when we build. Otherwise I'd have a sink in there already. The corner to the right if the toilet is getting shelves. That's why no trim there

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2021, 05:56 PM   #66
rut-ro
Ten Point
 
rut-ro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Sugar Land
Hunt In: Leon,Madison and Zavalla
Default

Any updates on the she shed ?
rut-ro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-18-2021, 01:50 PM   #67
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rut-ro View Post
Any updates on the she shed ?
I hope you been shopping. Places havent been staying on the market long. The 2 houses across the street went on the market and sold by owner in about a month!

Not since deer season kicked off really. We did go up and drain everything and I put a light in the powder room. Life, family and work commitments have us away till at least end of next month.

I do have some distressed wood and barn tin waiting to put on the outside of the bathroom. Need to check on gutters, get material for guest trailer pad and pull some wire for that. Think there are 7 dead trees that need to be cut down. That should take at least a weekend

Last edited by Quackerbox; 01-18-2021 at 01:57 PM.
Quackerbox is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2021, 12:30 AM   #68
bboswell
Pope & Young
 
bboswell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montgomery County
Hunt In: Where ever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
I hope you been shopping. Places havent been staying on the market long. The 2 houses across the street went on the market and sold by owner in about a month!

Not since deer season kicked off really. We did go up and drain everything and I put a light in the powder room. Life, family and work commitments have us away till at least end of next month.

I do have some distressed wood and barn tin waiting to put on the outside of the bathroom. Need to check on gutters, get material for guest trailer pad and pull some wire for that. Think there are 7 dead trees that need to be cut down. That should take at least a weekend


What materials do you need for guest pad?
bboswell is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2021, 12:43 AM   #69
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboswell View Post
What materials do you need for guest pad?
Les wants to form in some crushed concrete with anchored cross ties plus a little wire

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2021, 01:42 AM   #70
bboswell
Pope & Young
 
bboswell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montgomery County
Hunt In: Where ever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
Les wants to form in some crushed concrete with anchored cross ties plus a little wire

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk


Lemme know
bboswell is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2021, 08:38 AM   #71
Mr. Whiskers
Pope & Young
 
Mr. Whiskers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Magnolia, Tx
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Looking good sir. We will be starting our barndo on Macedonia here before too long.
Mr. Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2021, 05:47 PM   #72
Mohawkman
Eight Point
 
Mohawkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Navarro County
Hunt In: TX, NM, CO
Default

Wow. Not what I was expecting. I was thinking little frilly storage building. Nice Haha
Mohawkman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2021, 09:12 PM   #73
rut-ro
Ten Point
 
rut-ro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Sugar Land
Hunt In: Leon,Madison and Zavalla
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
I hope you been shopping. Places havent been staying on the market long. The 2 houses across the street went on the market and sold by owner in about a month!

Not since deer season kicked off really. We did go up and drain everything and I put a light in the powder room. Life, family and work commitments have us away till at least end of next month.

I do have some distressed wood and barn tin waiting to put on the outside of the bathroom. Need to check on gutters, get material for guest trailer pad and pull some wire for that. Think there are 7 dead trees that need to be cut down. That should take at least a weekend
We were actively looking and put offer on 2 places and got out bid. Think we just may build on our farm. I really want a place Out there too so we shall see. Gonna see what the next 4 years looks like and what taxes do as a whole. Until then we will use our friends lake house!
rut-ro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2021, 09:14 PM   #74
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rut-ro View Post
We were actively looking and put offer on 2 places and got out bid. Think we just may build on our farm. I really want a place Out there too so we shall see. Gonna see what the next 4 years looks like and what taxes do as a whole. Until then we will use our friends lake house!
We're always willing to take visitors!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2021, 10:53 PM   #75
rut-ro
Ten Point
 
rut-ro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Sugar Land
Hunt In: Leon,Madison and Zavalla
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
We're always willing to take visitors!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Have to meet up one weekend and run some jugs. I can get all
The perch we would need
rut-ro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2021, 11:27 PM   #76
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rut-ro View Post
Have to meet up one weekend and run some jugs. I can get all

The perch we would need
There is at least one big fish out there with 15 feet of jug line and 3# of weight when he broke 250lb trot line cord

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2021, 12:00 PM   #77
GarGuy
Pope & Young
 
GarGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
There is at least one big fish out there with 15 feet of jug line and 3# of weight when he broke 250lb trot line cord

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
That might be wrapped in a prop
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2021, 12:03 PM   #78
GarGuy
Pope & Young
 
GarGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
We're always willing to take visitors!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I might be looking for a place to hang out say...next november. Ok if I bring my air rifle for protection? Some nice bucks in those pics.

Last edited by GarGuy; 01-29-2021 at 12:13 PM.
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2021, 12:09 PM   #79
Chew
Pope & Young
 
Chew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kingwood, TX
Hunt In: Leon County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
OMG, we need video of said grown, drinking woman jumping head first out of boat.
https://www.facebook.com/697698240/v...8373147933241/

Hoping this link works. Been laughing at it for days.
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2021, 12:50 PM   #80
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarGuy View Post
I might be looking for a place to hang out say...next november. Ok if I bring my air rifle for protection? Some nice bucks in those pics.
Bring a clawhammer

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2021, 01:31 PM   #81
Rwc
Pope & Young
 
Rwc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crawford, Texas
Default

Breck and I might come test some waters close to you this spring. Will reach out if and or when we decide to drop a few jugs.

Rwc
Rwc is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com