Scouting LBJ for Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scouting LBJ for Turkey

Anyone been doing their scouting lately? I havent had much of a chance so am probably going to end up where I last heard them

When are you going out? I am going on the 29th and 30th and would like someone to go with. I know some good areas.

Comment

need to check my busy schedule HAHAHAHA..have a couple or 3 trad 3d shoots to makeand emergency call one weekend but am thinking that ones open

Comment

I was wondering also whom will be out at the grasslands on the opener, seems like my brother won't be able to make it with me and Dave will be working his arse off. I will be there as it has been a long time since the closing of deer season and I want to get away from Dallas to relax.

Let have a roll call:

Comment

Is any kind of a permit required to hunt LBJ?

Comment

Graybow, all you need is a valid hunting licenses.

Comment

Ill be out there all season except opening weekend, I hate dealing with the crowds so Im gonna wait until during the week sometime.

Comment

Thanks Buck. Gonna be up there Thurs-Sat. Church is having a small trail ride. Me and a buddy are slippin off Saturday to see if we can find a turkey!

Comment

Originally posted by TBryan View Post
                  Ill be out there all season except opening weekend, I hate dealing with the crowds so Im gonna wait until during the week sometime.
                  myself but has to be weekends

Comment

Hey Harvey you wanna go turkey hunting? I have been meaning to give you a call, I have been so busy with work and putting in like 10-15 hr days, but it is all good hey also if you want to you can go hog hunting with me over in decatur I got a sweet hog lease and hopefully deer lease and I think there might be some turkeys too it is Roy Coopers place if you know who he is but anyways give me a shout and I will try to give you a call by this weekend.

Comment

Buck make sure your forest fairy tag is current, you know us "older guys" gotta watch out for one another, we would be out there but, I have to get my new peg leg and eye patch fitted...turkeys just baffle the bejezz out of us good luck all

Comment

Rick I got my new tags for dem thar fairies, I am gonna bust one this time. Deer season they plum slipped through the woods to dang fast as if they had eaten beans and had a sudden burst of gas. But I know they aint eaten them during the spring so they will be slower as they are looking for LUV>

Comment

they've set up a network of safe zones & communications in Quickstrikes honeyholes as they know he can't cover them all!

Comment

Buck if they are looking for "luv" as you say thats reason enough to be even more careful "they just might find you"...Got the new eye patch fitted... kind of hard to see with both of them on

Comment

Originally posted by quickstrike View Post
                              Hey Harvey you wanna go turkey hunting? I have been meaning to give you a call, I have been so busy with work and putting in like 10-15 hr days, but it is all good hey also if you want to you can go hog hunting with me over in decatur I got a sweet hog lease and hopefully deer lease and I think there might be some turkeys too it is Roy Coopers place if you know who he is but anyways give me a shout and I will try to give you a call by this weekend.
                              Will probably be the weekend after the opener before I can get out there...will give you a shout this weekend,,tried the other day and lines did some FUNKY kinda stuff..still have the same cell?

Comment

Working...
                              X