Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone own a 2003 or 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
    I drive mine every week on Friday from kingsville down to the valley and back again on Monday morning. Inline 6 cylinder with just over 162,000 on it. Used it to haul 2700 pounds of cotton seed around our sandy lease this weekend. She’ll **** and get when you put her in the mud too. I got no doubts she’ll hit 200k and keep on going. I’d go with the 6 cylinder over the v8, those have a rep of going out around 150k miles.

Here she is: [ATTACH]903295[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]903296[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]903297[/ATTACH]
    That's a nice rig! Wish mine was that clean!

What kind of rims are those? I've been looking for Rubico take-offs but can't bring myself to spend 1k on them. Thats a 1/4 of what I paid for the jeep[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
      That's a nice rig! Wish mine was that clean!

What kind of rims are those? I've been looking for Rubico take-offs but can't bring myself to spend 1k on them. Thats a 1/4 of what I paid for the jeep[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

First off thanks for the compliments, she looks spotless in pics but in person she’s got bruises from the work she does at the lease.
      Second your out of luck with these wheels, cost me about 2k for the setup. (Wheels and tires)

They are MB Vortex wheels, 17 inch with -10 offset. You can get them at discount tire.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
        I drive mine every week on Friday from kingsville down to the valley and back again on Monday morning. Inline 6 cylinder with just over 162,000 on it. Used it to haul 2700 pounds of cotton seed around our sandy lease this weekend. She’ll **** and get when you put her in the mud too. I got no doubts she’ll hit 200k and keep on going. I’d go with the 6 cylinder over the v8, those have a rep of going out around 150k miles.

Here she is: [ATTACH]903295[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH]903296[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH]903297[/ATTACH]
        That is a sweet ride

Comment

Very Nice!

Comment

If someone wants her she’s for trade, I’m looking to get into a pickup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Originally posted by kbearden View Post
                Ttt

Take to the ol googler if you want to see some really bad *** Grand cherokees. These things can be made into some off-road monsters. You can’t go wrong with really any Jeep you purchase imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                  You bet! I have a company vehicle that I drive 95% of the time. The only thing that my jeep is used for is hunting and fishing with my kids. Although I could afford to get something newer its nice to have a vehicle that I don't stress about when all 3 of my kids climb inside covered in mud!

You, Sir are a master loader/packer/strapper downer.

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                    You, Sir are a master loader/packer/strapper downer.
                    I've got skills..
                    There was also 10 bags of corn, a chainsaw, a weedeater, and a few smoke poles inside the jeep.

Comment

Bloodtrail was right!

You are good!

[emoji12]

Comment

The 4.0 inline 6 is a workhorse. The 3.7 V-6 is much more problematic. The 4.7 V-8 is pretty much a dog. The only problem the 4.0 gives is with the tranny. Stay away from the full time 4 wheel drive units too. I have a 97 that has took a licking and still is ticking, has way over 200K on her. On the second transmission, when the first one croaked I bought one off craigslist from a wreck. When the wrecking yard pulled it out it had been rebuilt about 4 months earlier, judging by the tags on it. SCORE!!

Comment

Great information guys.

Comment

Working...
                          X