Why We Hunt: A Blog by Alex Brittingham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why We Hunt: A Blog by Alex Brittingham

I wrote this a few weeks ago when Rebecca Francis and other woman hunters were being criticized by Ricky Gervais. Thought I would share it on TBH as most of you can probably relate! Here's a link to the blog in case you want to give it a read:

Awesome read, thank you for sharing. Like you mentioned the kill is just one part of much greater experience.

For me it's all about making memories with the family experiencing Mother Nature. From keeping feeders filled to setting up the perfect brush blind. Hearing the birds chirp on a brisk early morning as you wait for the brush to come life. Stumbling across an arrowhead while following a blood trail and the reward of enjoying some fine table fare after all the hard work finally pays off.

Good luck to you and your pup, glad you didn't give up on him
    Last edited by DBHIII; 05-14-2015, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Thoughtful writeup on hunting. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Very well done, thank you for taking the time to put it out there for all of us. But as you know there is no arguing with people that don't want the facts and can't accept anyone else's viewpoints.

Comment

well done

Comment

Very nice article. Outside the hunting community people have very little understanding of what goes in to the process of hunting. Sometimes I think non-hunters believe you walk in to the woods, a buck stands there or a duck hovers in front of you and it's that simple. The joy is the preparation, the training and the tranquility of the outdoors. Gourmet self prepared food is icing on the cake. Killing is the lower point yet required to appreciate the game God placed here for us to harvest.

Comment

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Very well put

Comment

yee ha, that was an awesome read. your dad taught you well. thanks for sharing

Comment

Great article, and one I can relate to. I had really slowed down on waterfowl until I got the dog in my avatar. As soon as I got him I went back to being an absolute duck hunting junkie. Taking all of November off to hunt and most of December every year. Hard to beat watching a good dog hunt.

Comment

Great write-up!!

I also was raised in a "big game" hunting family. A friend of mine introduced me to predator hunting and maybe duck hunting this coming up season. Some of my friends that don't hunt don't understand that it's just not about the kill, it's about all the prep work that goes into before the season starts and the time spent in the stand just enjoying the outdoors and watching nature! I have definitely had some criticism about being a mom and raising my kids in the outdoors and hunting but I wouldn't change a thing!

Comment

Great write up, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thanks guys. That's why they call it hunting and not killing... I don't know about you but my hunts aren't always successful and some of those unsuccessful hunts are the most memorable and enjoyable of all my hunting experiences!

Comment

Enjoyed that, Alex. Very well put. Thanks!
                            Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Originally posted by oneshotlu View Post
                              Thanks guys. That's why they call it hunting and not killing... I don't know about you but my hunts aren't always successful and some of those unsuccessful hunts are the most memorable and enjoyable of all my hunting experiences!
                              I'll second this! My best and most memorable hunts involved no killing.

Comment

Working...
                              X