No announcement yet.

Somerville WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike, I wonder if you saw the same 8 I did. Looks really good, tall and dark antlered, but really doesn't look like he's to the ears....he's close though. "Orange strapped ladder stand", now that I know what to look for... it'll make those quick trips out there a lot easier....LOL (kidding).

There is one deer in particular I've seen and I think I've got him figured out. However, actually being there when he is, is a different story. I wish I could take a month off of work, and live out there during December, but then there's that little word called "reality" haha!

Comment

I've seen the eight who is right at his ears. I also saw something a little nicer Friday and Sunday (not the same deer either day) . I don't know where all the does I was seeing last month have gone. Probaly being chased by the small bucks. LOL

Comment

WIKI- we left some small bits of orange/ reflective tape when we tracked him. He went into brush just east of your stand. In fact I didn't see your stand until I started up looking for him. Anybody have a dog I can borrow next time I lose one???

Comment

I live in Snook (30miles) and hunted out there in the past. If y'all need a tracking dog I have one in training. Call My Cell 979-255-two two nine one if I am around I will bring him out. Good Luck to all.

Comment

Thanks Koons, thats good to know.

Comment

Have a private place to hunt, but Sommerville is close. I may have to try it. The website says there is 3000 acres out there to hunt, that's a pretty good chunk of land. Great feedback here, guys.

Comment

Working...
              X