No announcement yet.

old sabine bottom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spray..ya got a gem of a chunk of woods to play in right there, may be able get back the wknd of 15th, for sure wknd before Xmas, and from 26th on thru1st, have you scored yet...there were about 7 other hunters total the whole wknd, and all were hunting your Long Lake trail, if observed hunting, all except 1 had bailed by Sat due to rain and cold...I did run into one hard core at the lake Sat morning

Comment

Rick & Sprayn2,

I'll be hunting the Lincoln Ranch the 13th - 17th of December. I anticipate that my temp job might expire sometime in December and I'm tentatively (sp?) planning a hunt at the Sabine 12/26 - 12/31. I'll be in touch and will let you guys know if those dates change.

Comment

just got back from my week long hunt on the bottom. seen absolutely zilch. only seen a doe crossing a road at night. and hogs on the east trail at night. too many dang acorns keeping the deer movement to a minimum. tough hunting but still had a blast.

Comment

grenade...how many other hunters did you notice?

Comment

Sorry...and what areas were they hunting?

Comment

rick there are about 3, 5th wheel trailers at the first camp area they are hunting the atv side. other than that i can honestly say we had the whole dang place to ourselves because the only time we seen hunters was at dark when everyone was at camp. a 16 year old killed a spike in between compartment 15 and 16 but other than that no one really seen anything. the east trail is tore up with hogs on past the school bus. lots of fresh sign.

Comment

Thanks Grenade...was just curious what the crowd looked like, doesn't look like it is to overrun..we are anxious to get in there and get off the beaten path a ways...I saw several areas that I wanted to get back into, when are you going to try there again? Rick

Comment

we may try the last week of jan. that when we do our annual hog hunt/camp out. but thats with shotguns. good luck to you and hope you score.

Comment

Working...
                  X