FedEx rant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FedEx rant.

I purchased 10 bows, from a bow company I decided to inventory, and their preferred shipper is FedEx.
    I have always specified UPS for shipping, but this manufacturer uses FedEx, unless I have a shipping account for UPS.
    Long story short, Fed Ex delivered bows, (10,app. $5,000), to the sidewalk!!
    No signature.
    Left them on the FREAKIN' sidewalk!!!
    Fortunately for me, a volunteer fireman saw the boxes and put them inside, but failed to notify me or my wife for 4 days.
    Not happy!!!
    Will fix this tomorrow.

That’s insane!! Should have at least had delivery by signature only.

What bow company??

Comment

I deal with Fedex 5 days a week and there is typically two different drivers show up every day. One for "Home" delivery and they do not offer pick up service and then regular a Fedex driver. They have left packages in the bar ditch in front of my shop in the rain. Most inefficient outfit I have ever dealt with.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
        I purchased 10 bows, from a bow company I decided to inventory, and their preferred shipper is FedEx.
        I have always specified UPS for shipping, but this manufacturer uses FedEx, unless I have a shipping account for UPS.
        Long story short, Fed Ex delivered bows, (10,app. $5,000), to the sidewalk!!
        No signature.
        Left them on the FREAKIN' sidewalk!!!
        Fortunately for me, a volunteer fireman saw the boxes and put them inside, but failed to notify me or my wife for 4 days.
        Not happy!!!
        Will fix this tomorrow.
        Most **** poor shipping option there is for sure

Comment

Wow. That's no bueno

Comment

I worked for FedEx when I was younger. The thing is that either you the consumer or the shipper has to specify whether or not you need a signature if it's home delivery company policy is that you can "driver release" to the garage, front or back door, porch... ect.
            I have seen them left in the ditch and what not which is a no no. All of these shipping companies are the same though they pack as much as they can onto a truck and deliver it as fast as possible

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Man, thats terrible. I will say we like our Fedex guy. We were out of the Office Tuesday-Friday last week. He showed up Wednesday for a delivery. We weren't there and he called me on my cell phone to see what I wanted him to do with them. He took them back and brought them back on Monday. We spend around $50k/yr on shipments, and I can't hardly think of a time I've been dissatisfied. Stinks you got a lemon!

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                Man, thats terrible. I will say we like our Fedex guy. We were out of the Office Tuesday-Friday last week. He showed up Wednesday for a delivery. We weren't there and he called me on my cell phone to see what I wanted him to do with them. He took them back and brought them back on Monday. We spend around $50k/yr on shipments, and I can't hardly think of a time I've been dissatisfied. Stinks you got a lemon!
                I have this kind of relationship with our UPS drivers.
                Drivers are actually customers.
                17 years ago I had a similar situation with FedEx, and have specified UPS only since then, until this deal.
                My fault totally.
                Will not happen again.

Comment

UPS comes up to my porch and THROWS the boxes onto in. No dog, no problems, just refuses to go another 5 steps to place the boxes by the door.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
                    UPS comes up to my porch and THROWS the boxes onto in. No dog, no problems, just refuses to go another 5 steps to place the boxes by the door.
                    Have not had this happen in 17 years.
                    I'm sorry this has happened to you.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                      I have this kind of relationship with our UPS drivers.
                      Drivers are actually customers.
                      17 years ago I had a similar situation with FedEx, and have specified UPS only since then, until this deal.
                      My fault totally.
                      Will not happen again.
                      I work for UPS and try and gain this kind of relationship with all my customers sure makes things go alot easier. I have multiple businesses that trust me enough to give me keys to their front doors.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

With FedEx you never know what you are going to get from them. My moms $5000 box of medicine will show up no problem. Of course it requires a signature and is an overnight shipment. Anything else could possibly end up at any or our neighbors house within 2 miles of me on our rural road. When I call an gripe about it all I hear is they couldn't find the house. Funny they can find it to deliver a signature package but seldom on anything else. I can't think of ever having a delivery problem with UPS.

Comment

FedEx hires extra drivers for the holidays, so who knows how long that driver has been doing it. Last year, I had a Christmas gift left on my porch by a guy delivering FedEx out of the back of what appeared to be his personal pickup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did the shipper require a direct or indirect singnature? If not, not FedEx’s fault.

Comment

I have similar problems with our Thursday UPS driver. They will not deliver to house at the end of the driveway but will drop package at the gate on the road even when gate is left open. Called UPS all 3 times and said they would Correct 4th time I was notified packages were scheduled for delivery on Thursday but Thursday notified change to Friday. My normal driver comes to house and gets a cold drink for his effort. Super guy but the relief Thursday driver doesn't care about the customer

Comment

Working...
                              X