Not how I wanted to start the day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not how I wanted to start the day!

Standing outside in the backyard watering this morning at 6:30, the wife and kid poke their head out the back door and say bye. 15 minutes later I put the water hose up and try to go inside to get ready for work and the door is locked. Walk around to the front and of course they closed the garage door when they left as well. Ended up going to the neighbors house and borrowed his cell phone to call and get someone to come back to the house and let me back in. Wife thought she was being nice and called one of my coworkers and told them what happened, she told him that they locked me out of the house and I was in my boxers. So of course once I finally get to work this morning you can imagine all the laughs and jokes about me being locked out of the house in my underwear.

Note to self, do not walk out of the house without a key and or cell phone, also I need to hide an emergency key somewhere outside.

Lol

Comment

Good reason to install a keypad on the outside of the garage for opening it.

Comment

Hate to laugh at your pain but …

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
          Yea that too...lol, our garage door openers are almost 30 years old and don't have the capability though.

Comment

Got this in email saying security cam footage from Aaron's neighborhood this morning.

Comment

Garage keypad!!

Comment

These are a life saver. I figure a thief would be better off breaking a window rather than working on this thing just to get a key.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                  Garage keypad!!
                  Until your 3 year old locks the door from the garage into the house too!

Comment

Garage won't take an outside keypad, then just go low tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Jtrage View Post
                      Until your 3 year old locks the door from the garage into the house too!
                      Or your 12 year old or wife.... I swear, mine lock every door in the house any time they go through them.

Comment

We have an electric keypad - love it. No keys and can check to make sure the Better Half remembered to lock it when she leaves for the day.

Can unlock and lock the front door from my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                          Yep, mine has saved me several times.

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
                            Standing outside in the backyard watering this morning at 6:30, the wife and kid poke their head out the back door and say bye. 15 minutes later I put the water hose up and try to go inside to get ready for work and the door is locked. Walk around to the front and of course they closed the garage door when they left as well. Ended up going to the neighbors house and borrowed his cell phone to call and get someone to come back to the house and let me back in. Wife thought she was being nice and called one of my coworkers and told them what happened, she told him that they locked me out of the house and I was in my boxers. So of course once I finally get to work this morning you can imagine all the laughs and jokes about me being locked out of the house in my underwear.

Note to self, do not walk out of the house without a key and or cell phone, also I need to hide an emergency key somewhere outside.
                            This is the EXACT reason I keep a spare house key in my F250. I can use the keypad to access my spare key.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                              This is the EXACT reason I keep a spare house key in my F250. I can use the keypad to access my spare key.
                              Lol, truck was in the garage and the garage door was closed as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X