Poll: D500 or D750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll: D500 or D750

Ok I am looking to purchase a new body for my lenses. Anyone have experience with either or both of these?

Im a newb in terms of DSLR photography but am looking for a body that has a few more features than my 5100. With that being said I dont want responses similar to:

"Use your money to buy quality lens" I am working on building a lens collection and know that is where the money counts more than the body usually. This poll is only asking for opinions on these two bodies.

Right now I can pick up a D750 (full frame) for 1500$ brand new body only. The D500 (top of the line crop sensor) can be had for about 1900$ brand new body only.

All the research I have done so far, points to the D500 in terms of abilities and features despite it being a crop sensor camera.

So what would be some of TBH experts choices, a middle of the road full frame D750 or a top of the line crop sensor D500?

What type of photography do you currently shoot?

Personally I would go with the D750 over the D500 because it is a full frame and I love bokeh. No DX format camera will ever match DoF like a FX.

Additionally, the D750 is going to handle high ISO better.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasWicked1 View Post
      What type of photography do you currently shoot?

Personally I would go with the D750 over the D500 because it is a full frame and I love bokeh. No DX format camera will ever match DoF like a FX.

Additionally, the D750 is going to handle high ISO better.

To be honest I don’t have a “style” at this point. Just whatever catches my eye. Mostly will end up being my daughter, wildlife and landscapes probably.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Of your daughter and looking for the milky creamy backgrounds, personally I would do the FX, but that just my opinion. Both are good cameras. I just personally gravitate to FX after shooting DX D7000 for years and then borrowing a D800, I jumped on a D810.

Comment

Awesome thanks for the input.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Up for more input

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I'm more of a Canon shooter, but in regards to the full frame vs crop sensor decision, I am so happy that I made the jump to a full frame finally. Like TexasWicked said, the background blur looks amazing for portraits, and the light transmission is just so much better on a full frame body IMO. I had previously been shooting a Canon 7D MarkII (crop sensor), and I thought that I might miss that extra "reach" when doing wildlife photography, but I haven't missed it one bit.

Plus, you'll have an extra $400 to put towards your lens collection, so you can "use your money to buy a quality lens"

Comment

Originally posted by ATX Tyler View Post
                I'm more of a Canon shooter, but in regards to the full frame vs crop sensor decision, I am so happy that I made the jump to a full frame finally. Like TexasWicked said, the background blur looks amazing for portraits, and the light transmission is just so much better on a full frame body IMO. I had previously been shooting a Canon 7D MarkII (crop sensor), and I thought that I might miss that extra "reach" when doing wildlife photography, but I haven't missed it one bit.

Plus, you'll have an extra $400 to put towards your lens collection, so you can "use your money to buy a quality lens"

Ha touché on the money for lens comment. I guess mainly the reviews I’ve read and found that rave about the D500 being so good just have me second guessing myself. Originally I was looking at the D750 without even knowing much about the D500. Then starting looking at it and the D500 had better features for the most part with the exception of being a crop sensor.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                  Ha touché on the money for lens comment. I guess mainly the reviews I’ve read and found that rave about the D500 being so good just have me second guessing myself. Originally I was looking at the D750 without even knowing much about the D500. Then starting looking at it and the D500 had better features for the most part with the exception of being a crop sensor.

Sierracharlie out…
                  That's a very similar situation to the place I was in when I bought my 7D MarkII. Compared with my current rig, it had better burst mode, and auto-focus, and was technically newer by a year or two. I am still happier with my 5D Mark III.

Comment

Originally posted by ATX Tyler View Post
                    That's a very similar situation to the place I was in when I bought my 7D MarkII. Compared with my current rig, it had better burst mode, and auto-focus, and was technically newer by a year or two. I am still happier with my 5D Mark III.

Noted. Thanks for the input brother. There are a few more I’d like to comment before I make a decision.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Ttt for more input.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Back up

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Few more tries.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

D750 is better overall. Do you have FX or DX lenses? If you have DX then stick with the DX camera. A larger sensor is going to give you better results. Plus you can save a few dollars. Pretty easy decision.

Comment

I have both types of lenses currently.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                              X