Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 08-03-2018, 08:32 PM   #1351
Chuy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Falfurrias

I'm down 17 ish lbs in about a month.
Chuy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2018, 08:37 PM   #1352
AlaskaFlyerFan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Don't have a place yet

7 1/2 weeks and down 27 lbs.
AlaskaFlyerFan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2018, 08:43 PM   #1353
HighwayHunter
Six Point

Been trying something new this week. Bought 5.5 lbs of ribeye Sunday and planned on eating at least a pound a day Monday till today and only missed one day. This included with intermittent fasting and eating a high fat lunch (salami and babybel cheese) I havenít felt this good in a while. Since the beginning of Keto Iíve had poor workouts and felt weaker but this week Iíve felt like Iím walking around with a pump most of the day. I wouldnít recommend buying 5lbs of ribeye every week, but man itís been a good week of eating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HighwayHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2018, 08:49 PM   #1354
txmuleyman
Ten Point

Hunt In: Alpine,Ft.Davis,Nebraska

2 weeks in down 12lbs. I’m doing targeted Keto. Eating 30g of carbs before and after my workouts. I’ve lost no strength and still keeping my fitness goals on track. I feel better than I ever have.
txmuleyman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-04-2018, 12:24 PM   #1355
TexaRican
Pope & Young

Hunt In: CO and NM if I'm lucky
Default Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

60lb mark today at just over a year on keto. 30 or 40lbs to go I think. Gonna require another complete wardrobe change in another 20lbs I think.

Richís fasting thread really got me moving again. Doing extended IF now of at least 48hrs and it just shreds the fat.

TexaRican is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-04-2018, 12:38 PM   #1356
icetrauma
Ten Point

Hunt In: Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaRican View Post
60lb mark today at just over a year on keto. 30 or 40lbs to go I think. Gonna require another complete wardrobe change in another 20lbs I think.

Richís fasting thread really got me moving again. Doing extended IF now of at least 48hrs and it just shreds the fat.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!
icetrauma is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-04-2018, 06:05 PM   #1357
AlaskaFlyerFan
Ten Point

Quote:
Doing extended IF now of at least 48hrs and it just shreds the fat.

Wow. Good for you. I can't hardly make it to lunch time after skipping breakfast. My stomach starts gnawing on my backbone!
Old 08-04-2018, 06:56 PM   #1358
bps3040
Pope & Young

Hunt In: West Texas, Dryden area, Forestville, Canada

Quote:

That's great. Nice job. I told my wife I am going to fast once or twice a week and she thinks I am nuts, lol. Dr Jason Fung has lots of videos and books on fasting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
bps3040 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-04-2018, 07:01 PM   #1359
TexaRican
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by bps3040 View Post
That's great. Nice job. I told my wife I am going to fast once or twice a week and she thinks I am nuts, lol. Dr Jason Fung has lots of videos and books on fasting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Worse part of fasting is when people give you crap about it. Keto is bad enough to explain but people think fasting is the devil. Iím tired of people telling Iím not being healthy.. I exercise every day and when I do it, itís clean.

Old 08-04-2018, 07:22 PM   #1360
icetrauma
Ten Point

Hunt In: Dreams

Quote:
Worse part of fasting is when people give you crap about it. Keto is bad enough to explain but people think fasting is the devil. Iím tired of people telling Iím not being healthy.. I exercise every day and when I do it, itís clean.

Well, obviously they know more than you. You've only lost 60 lbs.

I usually fast 18 hrs a day and limit my eating to 1pm-7pm on days I work and on my off days, I just go about the day.
icetrauma is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-04-2018, 07:29 PM   #1361
Maddox
Ten Point

Quote:

https://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_pri...016/press.html

Make them read that article.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-08-2018, 08:39 AM   #1362
BigThicketBoy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hardin Co

Maybe 15 lbs to go.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
BigThicketBoy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2018, 08:42 AM   #1363
denimdeerslayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Waller

Im down 60lbs with 5 more to make my first goal of going under 400lbs. The weight is coming off slower now but thats ok as long as it keeps coming off. I started late Feb of this year.
denimdeerslayer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2018, 09:05 AM   #1364
abilliott
Four Point

For those of your with a sweet-tooth, I made a cheesecake with monkfruit sweetener about a week ago. It came out great, just don't eat the graham cracker crust! lol
abilliott is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2018, 09:13 AM   #1365
Still Hunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tex, Kansas, Colorado, New Mexico
Default Nice Low Carb Drink

Started back on my Keto (low Carb) July 16th. Lost 49 lbs in 3 months last year. Today is 4 weeks. Not doing any rucking like I did last year but then no elk hunt this year due to moving to a new lease. I have been working out three days a week with my two sons for four weeks now, MWF. I have lost 12 lbs. Getting stronger and losing weight. The weight loss is not going as fast as it was but I am sure the weight training is putting on some muscle weight.

Found a nice after work out drink. I have also have been using it for a quick breakfast. Only 2 carbs. I am attaching a photo. Continued success to all you guys.
Attached Images

Still Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2018, 09:13 AM   #1366
crawdaddct
Ten Point

Hunt In: Unknown

I love hearing how everyone is doing. Congrats to you guys. Its been a year now and I'm down 80lbs. Keto and IF. Just maintaining right now. I'm having heart surgery on Friday. Once I recover from that, I'm going to make a push to loose 20 more lbs. Overall the doctors have been amazed at how my health has improved. If I can just get my ticker to work right, i'll be all set.
crawdaddct is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2018, 09:15 AM   #1367
crawdaddct
Ten Point

Hunt In: Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by abilliott View Post
For those of your with a sweet-tooth, I made a cheesecake with monkfruit sweetener about a week ago. It came out great, just don't eat the graham cracker crust! lol
Use a crushed walnut crust, you will never even sniff at a Graham cracker crust ever again.
crawdaddct is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2018, 09:19 AM   #1368
Still Hunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tex, Kansas, Colorado, New Mexico
Default crawdad

Congrats on all the hard work and your weight loss success! Glad your overall health is improving. Prayers up for you on your heart surgery Friday!
Still Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2018, 08:59 AM   #1369
HighwayHunter
Six Point

For any weight lifters out there see my recent post Any weight lifters out there?
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...0&share_type=t

Old 08-23-2018, 08:49 AM   #1370
Chuy
Pope & Young

It works. This time is different. From my heaviest of 271, I'm glad to be 30lbs down.

Always had issues with my back, keto got me light enough to start running and working out. Joined a gym and PT for accountability. Running 2+ miles a day and a workout now a days. Loving it. The eating has gotten aot easier, but I don't even want to see an avocado anymore whichbis devastating for a messkin. Worth it.

KETO STARTED JULY 1

Last edited by Chuy; 08-23-2018 at 09:33 AM. Reason: KETO STARTED JULY 1
Old 08-23-2018, 09:04 AM   #1371
HighwayHunter
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuy View Post
It works. This time is different. From my heaviest of 271, I'm glad to be 30lbs down.

Always had issues with my back, keto got me light enough to start running and working out. Joined a gym and PT for accountability. Running 2+ miles a day and a workout now a days. Loving it. The eating has gotten aot easier, but I don't even want to see an avocado anymore whichbis devastating for a messkin. Worth it.

Awesome, keep it up! Iím at 275 trying to get down to 235. Been on Keto for 5 months and canít seem to break through the 275 wall. Probably gonna start running more

Old 08-23-2018, 09:09 AM   #1372
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!

246 when I started, sea-sawed back and forth for a few months. Broke 210 this morning. Trying to hit 200lb by my Sept 15 elk hunt.
Traildust is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2018, 09:23 AM   #1373
Mopowercoach
Nubbin' Buck

Been Keto since 5/25/17 and started Carnivore Keto on 1/22/18. Over 65lbs down. I do coaching. If anybody needs any help just PM me.
Mopowercoach is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2018, 09:31 AM   #1374
Chuy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
246 when I started, sea-sawed back and forth for a few months. Broke 210 this morning. Trying to hit 200lb by my Sept 15 elk hunt.
Thats awesome! its amazing how the weight comes off with Keto. I've been drinking KETO rise and an MCT powder in the morning to get my started. Testing in the evenings. Really getting tired of the same foods over and over.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:35 AM   #1375
Azzy
Eight Point

Hunt In: Mountain Home, Tx

Quote:
Thats awesome! its amazing how the weight comes off with Keto. I've been drinking KETO rise and an MCT powder in the morning to get my started. Testing in the evenings. Really getting tired of the same foods over and over.
What are you testing with?

I did it a few years back for about a year. Was lifting 6 times a week and doing cardio. Helped me out quiet a bit. Now trying
To get back in shape but not counting calories, just eating. Lost 4 lbs the first week. This week Iíve been stagnant. Probably need to start counting calories again.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2018, 09:42 AM   #1376
Traildust
Pope & Young

Quote:
I got burned out on the breakfast/coffee prep. I just stopped eating breakfast and only have a Primal Kitchen meal replacement shake at lunch. Drink lots of water and snack on almonds or jerky if I get hangry!

Once I started that, my weight loss kicked into high gear.

Last edited by Traildust; 08-23-2018 at 09:45 AM.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:04 AM   #1377
Chuy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayHunter View Post
Awesome, keep it up! I’m at 275 trying to get down to 235. Been on Keto for 5 months and can’t seem to break through the 275 wall. Probably gonna start running more

Running or strenuous exercise definitely helped me get into Ketosis faster. How many carbs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
What are you testing with?

I did it a few years back for about a year. Was lifting 6 times a week and doing cardio. Helped me out quiet a bit. Now trying
To get back in shape but not counting calories, just eating. Lost 4 lbs the first week. This week I’ve been stagnant. Probably need to start counting calories again.
I got some of those strips from amazon. Noticed they light up after a high fat meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
I got burned out on the breakfast/coffee prep. I just stopped eating breakfast and only have a Primal Kitchen meal replacement shake at lunch. Drink lots of water and snack on almonds or jerky if I get hangry!

Once I started that, my weight loss kicked into high gear.
May have to look into the replacement shake. I noticed that my workouts/runs go a lot better if I eat well beforehand. Small dinner and done! How much water are you drinking?
Old 08-23-2018, 10:23 AM   #1378
Traildust
Pope & Young

Quote:
Running or strenuous exercise definitely helped me get into Ketosis faster. How many carbs?

I got some of those strips from amazon. Noticed they light up after a high fat meal.

May have to look into the replacement shake. I noticed that my workouts/runs go a lot better if I eat well beforehand. Small dinner and done! How much water are you drinking?
1-1/2 - 2 gallons of water a day. 6 cup of coffee
Old 08-23-2018, 10:28 AM   #1379
BitBackShot
Eight Point

Hunt In: Llano County

I started this about 9 days ago. I feel like I'm skinnier (pants are loose), but I've only dropped about 3 lbs. Not sure how it's even possible - I track every calorie I eat and I've been consuming about 1700/day at 75% fat, 20% protein, 5% carbs, but I'm not dropping weight that much. I don't have that much to lose (225 lbs going for 205), so maybe that's it?

Also drink an absolute ton of water, so it's possible I've been weighing myself right after drinking 40 ounces of water, so that might explain some of it.
BitBackShot is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2018, 10:55 AM   #1380
Azzy
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitBackShot View Post
I started this about 9 days ago. I feel like I'm skinnier (pants are loose), but I've only dropped about 3 lbs. Not sure how it's even possible - I track every calorie I eat and I've been consuming about 1700/day at 75% fat, 20% protein, 5% carbs, but I'm not dropping weight that much. I don't have that much to lose (225 lbs going for 205), so maybe that's it?

Also drink an absolute ton of water, so it's possible I've been weighing myself right after drinking 40 ounces of water, so that might explain some of it.
Iím where youíre at. Was like 229. Dropped to 223. Fluctuating at 225. Been lifting at least 3 times a week and started an ECA stack this week. Been drinking about a gallon of water a day. Thinking I need to start logging my calories. Doubt Iím getting more than 2500 a day since Iíve been drinking protein shakes pretty much through out the day. Than I do a light lunch, half a chicken breast and cheese. And for dinner some pork or beef.
Old 08-24-2018, 02:26 PM   #1381
Chuy
Pope & Young

I saw a big drop in the first week but I read that it's mostly water weight.then came the keto flu, which I fixed with magnesium and potassium. It's been smooth sailing since then. It rarely exceed intake goals.

My#s

Old 09-05-2018, 11:48 AM   #1382
TexaRican
Pope & Young

Absolutely the best tasting protein powder I have ever tried. Wife got it at HEB over the weekend and we are fighting over it now.

PureLabs KetoFeed Chocolate Samoa Cream

https://www.amazon.com/Purus-Labs-Ke...076PHX517?th=1
Old 09-05-2018, 12:34 PM   #1383
BigThicketBoy
Pope & Young

Down from 197 to 173,. I need to buy new pants and belts

Last edited by BigThicketBoy; 09-05-2018 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-05-2018, 12:45 PM   #1384
hully1029
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grayson/Cooke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
Iím where youíre at. Was like 229. Dropped to 223. Fluctuating at 225. Been lifting at least 3 times a week and started an ECA stack this week. Been drinking about a gallon of water a day. Thinking I need to start logging my calories. Doubt Iím getting more than 2500 a day since Iíve been drinking protein shakes pretty much through out the day. Than I do a light lunch, half a chicken breast and cheese. And for dinner some pork or beef.
Be careful on that ECA stack.. that can cause some serious jitters if your stim sensitive.. lots of people been replacing the aspirin with yohimbine instead as a natural thermogenic.

Been hitting every morning with a bulletproof coffee and its awesome! Regular old folgers coffee, 2 hunks of butter, tablespoon of coconut oil, eyeball a little heavy whipping cream, and mct powder.. lots and lots of fat. keeps me full until lunch.
hully1029 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2018, 01:31 PM   #1385
hully1029
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grayson/Cooke

this podcast is nearly 3 hours long.. Dom is a scientist. Has done work for nasa, special forces, and is a leading researcher in SEVERAL keto studies.. its ALOT of science talk, but if you can keep it, its well worth the time to watch.

https://youtu.be/keSoSyu9m7c
hully1029 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 07:32 AM   #1386
IkemanTX
Eight Point

Hunt In: Caddo

Alright yíall. I havenít posted here in a while, but Iíve been back on Keto since July 1st after a forced hiatus (wife kicked me off of it for about 10 months not wanting to shop for two different diets)

My weight this morning was the lowest it has been in 9 years.... 149.0

I started Keto last year at 172, after exercising hard to get down from 183. So, thatís a total of 34 pounds lost, 23 of which were Keto with little to no workouts. I feel AWESOME, and I canít wait to hunt a full season on Keto.

Does anyone have any food recommendations for hunting season? I plan to sleep in a tent or out of the truck a couple days a week from the middle of October till thanksgiving. That way, Iím not burning 3-4 hours of gas a day to drive there and back.
I am thinking one big meal a day, and some good temperature stable Keto snacks on the stand. I know I will include almonds and macadamia nuts, probably a few packs of these as well.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079RLF145..._p-MKBb9YW892A

Iím open to suggestions! Most fat bomb recipes wonít handle the October heat, so I have ruled them out.

IkemanTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 03:16 PM   #1387
BigThicketBoy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkemanTX View Post
Alright yíall. I havenít posted here in a while, but Iíve been back on Keto since July 1st after a forced hiatus (wife kicked me off of it for about 10 months not wanting to shop for two different diets)

My weight this morning was the lowest it has been in 9 years.... 149.0

I started Keto last year at 172, after exercising hard to get down from 183. So, thatís a total of 34 pounds lost, 23 of which were Keto with little to no workouts. I feel AWESOME, and I canít wait to hunt a full season on Keto.

Does anyone have any food recommendations for hunting season? I plan to sleep in a tent or out of the truck a couple days a week from the middle of October till thanksgiving. That way, Iím not burning 3-4 hours of gas a day to drive there and back.
I am thinking one big meal a day, and some good temperature stable Keto snacks on the stand. I know I will include almonds and macadamia nuts, probably a few packs of these as well.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079RLF145..._p-MKBb9YW892A

Iím open to suggestions! Most fat bomb recipes wonít handle the October heat, so I have ruled them out.

Bacon,eggs , chilli no beans.
Chicken breast spam green beans .

Old 09-07-2018, 03:17 PM   #1388
Azzy
Eight Point

Curious. Do any of you guys carb up? When I did this a few years back I’d carb up every weekend, and it worked great for me. Was trying to gain muscle and stay lean. Right now I’m trying to lose fat since I’m 60 lbs heavier than I wasn’t back than.
Old 09-07-2018, 04:36 PM   #1389
FireMedic26
Ten Point

Hunt In: Cass Co & Bowie Co TX

My wife is, and I eat it with her when I'm off duty. She did a search for Keto on Facebook, and found a few sites. Nothing she's cooked has been bad, except for a cookie recipe she tried. And they were beyond bad.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
FireMedic26 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-08-2018, 09:16 AM   #1390
DZM
Four Point

Hunt In: Jones & Jack County

Been on 7 weeks, down 22lbs, feel the best I have in years.
DZM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-08-2018, 09:35 AM   #1391
AlaskaFlyerFan
Ten Point

I'm down 35 lbs in 3 months. I discovered that I need to eat breakfast even after I have a rocket fuel coffee otherwise I don't lose anything. After that I just need to eat sensibly for the rest of the day. I can't do the IF...I get too hungry! LOL. I stopped counting calories and macros. It just seemed to be burdensome to me. This seems to work best for me and this may be the easiest diet I've ever been on.
Old 09-08-2018, 10:46 AM   #1392
Blood Trail
Pope & Young

Hunt In: where the manicorn hunts....

I'm down 25 lbs right at a month in. Blood pressure as dropped from an average of 140/90 to 116/73 as of last week.
Blood Trail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-08-2018, 12:17 PM   #1393
BrandonH
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
I'm down 35 lbs in 3 months. I discovered that I need to eat breakfast even after I have a rocket fuel coffee otherwise I don't lose anything. After that I just need to eat sensibly for the rest of the day. I can't do the IF...I get too hungry! LOL. I stopped counting calories and macros. It just seemed to be burdensome to me. This seems to work best for me and this may be the easiest diet I've ever been on.
The hunger pains are all in your head. I've gotten to where a 48 hour fast with nothing but water is a breeze, but my wife has the same issues you do. I try to get her on board with the fast, but she's having no part of it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
BrandonH is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-08-2018, 01:56 PM   #1394
mooney_ag
Eight Point

Hunt In: Erath County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Trail View Post
I'm down 25 lbs right at a month in. Blood pressure as dropped from an average of 140/90 to 116/73 as of last week.
Congrats. I'm similar on the weight loss after 3 months. But BP still up. Probably just the genes. What Veggies you taking in and portions?
mooney_ag is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 03:04 PM   #1395
Blood Trail
Pope & Young

Hunt In: where the manicorn hunts....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooney_ag View Post
Congrats. I'm similar on the weight loss after 3 months. But BP still up. Probably just the genes. What Veggies you taking in and portions?

Basically, Iím drinking an Adkins shake for breakfast and lunch (boil eggs and almonds for snack), and a Keto dinner.

Regular portions. Eating veggies like greens, cucumbers, squash, etc.

Little carb intake. Havenít had sugar or sweets in a month and havenít craved it. I do crave the hell out of salty stuff now.

Plus, Iím walking/jogging/biking almost everyday.

Blood Trail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2018, 12:22 PM   #1396
Chuy
Pope & Young

Too cool. its actually exciting to weigh in now. all of my clothes are way too big now, im actually wearing shirts from college again (13 years ago). im also running a bunch now without much issue. Aside from the weight loss, I FEEL better in back pain and overall mental clarity, physical endurance, fatigue, etc.

KETO is the real deal!

Old 09-14-2018, 01:53 PM   #1397
jshouse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NE Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Trail View Post
Basically, Iím drinking an Adkins shake for breakfast and lunch (boil eggs and almonds for snack), and a Keto dinner.

Regular portions. Eating veggies like greens, cucumbers, squash, etc.

Little carb intake. Havenít had sugar or sweets in a month and havenít craved it. I do crave the hell out of salty stuff now.

Plus, Iím walking/jogging/biking almost everyday.

Do you track your macros? What do you try to keep your carbs to?
jshouse is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top