ideas for a two way protein feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ideas for a two way protein feeder

i wanted some ideas of a ladder 2 way protein feeder i was thinkin of four legs 2 holding up the feeder and the other two holding up and being used as a ladder with a stand on top for easy refilling....and what i mean by two way is inside of the feeder to have like plexiglass two create two different slots one for corn and the other protein feed....thanks for any ones help and any plans would be appreciated this feeder will be enclosed so it will be a strictly turkey and deer feeder..any ideas will be helpful thanks again

Do a search for "cube" under this forum. Moser posted it a while back, its a half corn and half protein feeder. Its quite a piece of work. It doesnt have the ladder you are wanting but that could easily be added.

Comment

Here's how I did it.

Comment

We've never done any with the divider, but this will give you an idea on the ladder and platform you mentioned. Sorry I don't have any better pictures. The timer feeder in front is the first one we built. We thought we needed to brace the ladder with angle braces. We later figured out that it really wasn't necessary. The protien feeder in back does not have them. The legs and ladder slide into slots. The platform is expanded metal...approximately 12"-18" x (width of 55 gal drum). The barrel sits on the top with two angle iron braces welded on that allow you to bolt it to the platform. I have thought about building one that would hold two barrels side-by-side. Either have a protien / timered combo or have downspouts that come together to one common timer.

Comment

thanks thats what i had in mine

Comment

Do you have other pics that might show these feeders? I've been looking at building something very similar...

Comment

heres some piks oof my homemade turkey feeder..it still needs some mod...though cus those hogs can do some damage

Comment

1st- Get two barrells any size
                2nd-Weld the two together
                3rd-Build a divider in the two

Then make a spout that the feed can settle in and free flow.

Comment

Working...
                X