No announcement yet.

New rifle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=TX03RUBI;13820022]Any of the Bergera B-14 series. They’re 700 footprint actions, so they’ll take any 700 aftermarket parts such as triggers, stocks, bases, etc. They’re **** accurate rifles too. Much higher quality than anything Remington puts out.[/QUOTE

bergera' on my list

Comment

I have an old model 7 Remington .308, synthetic and stainless.

Not as sexy as some of these options but it fits all three well.

Small package and kicks like a mule but I’ve killed dozens of deer with it and countless hogs.

I love it because it’s light and accurate.

Comment

Comment

I had the same criteria plus I wanted it threaded for a can and stainless. I considered custom, but then found the Barrett Fieldcraft for $1500. Which is a steal for what it is. 18” threaded stainless barrel on an amazing action full-length bedded in a carbon fiber stock. Weighs 5#s and guaranteed sub moa. I absolutely love it

Comment

I have a Remington Model 7 CDL in .308. I absolutely love this little rifle. It has been my go to hunting rifle since 2007. Probably killed 20 deer and 250 hogs with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
              I had the same criteria plus I wanted it threaded for a can and stainless. I considered custom, but then found the Barrett Fieldcraft for $1500. Which is a steal for what it is. 18” threaded stainless barrel on an amazing action full-length bedded in a carbon fiber stock. Weighs 5#s and guaranteed sub moa. I absolutely love it
              This is definitely worth a look. Would be interested in your groupings and with what ammo?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I actually went with 6.5cr last second because I already have 3 short 308s. Hornady Precision Hunter was the most recommended for it, so I went that route. I harvested a 9 pointer at over 300yds a couple weeks ago. It hit exactly where I was aiming. It’s sub-moa ammo but I’m going to try reloading it to see if it can tighten it up to a one-holer

Comment

I did the same thing about 3 years ago and went with a Remington 700 SPS .308 - 20" heavy barrel. I upgraded the stock and bedded the action/recoil lug - I have been very pleased so far and love the shorter barrel. There are alot of great affordable options out there right now!

Comment

Originally posted by Seay View Post
                    Right now the 2 topping the list are

Browning Xbolt hells canyon speed

Tikka T3X compact tactical

Thoughts or experiences with either of these?

I have an xbolt stalker in 30-06. I looked at the hell's canyon for a while before I chose the cheaper option. I love my gun, but in hindsight I should have chose the hell's canyon for the cerakote and muzzle brake alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanm View Post
                      I have an xbolt stalker in 30-06. I looked at the hell's canyon for a while before I chose the cheaper option. I love my gun, but in hindsight I should have chose the hell's canyon for the cerakote and muzzle brake alone.
                      The cerakote, lightweight, and good looking stock are the things that drive this one to the top of the list for me. I need to go put hands on one before I commit all the way though

Last edited by Seay; 11-28-2018, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Ruger American Predator. Mine is upgraded all to heck at this point because the core barreled action shoots lights out.

PS I like the Hells Canyon too, but it's not a shorter, lighter .308 gun, it's a long powerful mountain rifle to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
                          Ruger American Predator. Mine is upgraded all to heck at this point because the core barreled action shoots lights out.

PS I like the Hells Canyon too, but it's not a shorter, lighter .308 gun, it's a long powerful mountain rifle to me.
                          Length comes in 3rd on my priority list but under 7 lbs I consider light. My goal is to keep rigged out weight ( rings, glass, and loaded) under 10lbs

Yeah you're right about the length... I guess it's not that important to me after all.

Last edited by Seay; 11-28-2018, 10:17 AM.

Comment

I have no experience with this particular model but have a 7/08 Model 7 CDL and love it. This just looks like a perfect suppressor host / compact deer hunting rifle.

Comment

when you ask for accuracy, a bolt gun, and .308, I always think Savage.

Comment

I have been very pleased with the Tikka T3 CTR, the adjustable trigger is great and it shoots lights out.

Comment

Working...
                                X