Watch out with the FEL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch out with the FEL

Got complacent after dozens of trips past this corner of the house with the tractor and was done with the project when this happened...

I bet that sent you off your seat. Ive hit my shop twice, numerous trees and fence post with loaders. Got to where I wear my seatbelt belt, its not fun hitting the windshield. Hope you didn’t get bruised up.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin View Post
      I bet that sent you off your seat. Ive hit my shop twice, numerous trees and fence post with loaders. Got to where I wear my seatbelt belt, its not fun hitting the windshield. Hope you didn’t get bruised up.
      Just caught the edge. no abrupt stop. I was looking down to clear the fence post and forgot the bucket was too high.

Comment

Man, that sucks but thanks for turning it around as a reminder for us. I did something dumber than I've done in a long time couple weeks ago also due to complacency.

Patch it up and re-group.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I see guys all the time carrying their bucket high, mostly farmers. I was raised running equipment and we were always taught to carry blades and buckets low.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            I see guys all the time carrying their bucket high, mostly farmers. I was raised running equipment and we were always taught to carry blades and buckets low.
            Me too but the gap in the fence necessitated raising it about fence height

Comment

Good start. You just as well take it the rest of the way down....

Comment

We might be related.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  We might be related.
                  Hold my beer...

Comment

Hey, that's not too bad. I once had an employee use the front end loader to clip a temporary classroom building at an elementary school and knock it off its blocks....with a teacher inside. Kids had been gone about 10 mins. It was quite the event.

Nobody was hurt. Damage to building was minimal. It turned out way better than it could have.

Comment

A, glad you're okay. Lol, so I started to type a story that happened back in my landscaping days in high school. Then realized we had way too many stories...never anything too expensive, or that hurt anything serious. But dang lol those UG sprinkler lines and low voltage lighting are way more places than a person would ever expect!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                        Hey, that's not too bad. I once had an employee use the front end loader to clip a temporary classroom building at an elementary school and knock it off its blocks....with a teacher inside. Kids had been gone about 10 mins. It was quite the event.

Nobody was hurt. Damage to building was minimal. It turned out way better than it could have.

I had some of your guys on my job site a couple
                        months ago. Wasn’t all that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Could have cut a fiber line while digging. [emoji30]

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Doh!

Comment

killing two birds as it were. All my neighbors got new roofs in the last round of storms but me. It's probably time.

Comment

Working...
                              X