Rigid 24v batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rigid 24v batteries

Ridgid customer support told me they no longer support 24v products. I have the whole set with dang near everything they sold that I had bought over the years. The lady on the phone told me to throw it away and start over. Kind of irritated me because they will obviously just do that again. Anyone know where I can buy batteries or have more be rebuilt?

So much for the lifetime warranty on Rigid tools.........

Comment

Try interstate batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

These aren't the new lithium batteries, correct? Batteries + will rebuild them, if not. I recently tried to have a Lithium battery rebuilt, and nobody is doing that from what he told me.
        Also, there might be an aftermarket adapter that would allow you to connect new batteries, to old tools, like Dewalt did.

Comment

They have replacements on amazon, I just bought some. I have the 18V. I noticed other "companies" make them that will fit.

Comment

they are 24V lithium ion. I have looked into rebuilding them... I dunno. For what I will spend on a welder to build new battery packs... I'm just on the fence about it.

Ryan

Comment

im pretty sure its just 18650 batteries inside... open one up. should be able to rebuild it under $10

Comment

Yeah it does. But you have to spot weld the jumpers between batteries, nd I don't have one of those welders.

Comment

Last edited by Rick; 08-28-2018, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                    Yeah it does. But you have to spot weld the jumpers between batteries, nd I don't have one of those welders.
                    You just need a soldering iron, not a welder....they only cost a few dollars

Comment

Guy at my office was telling all these horror stories about soldering them. I can solder quite well, just thought the heat damaged the cells. I’ll take one apart and give it a whirl

Comment

If you have the life time warranty on them send all of it back to Rigid and get them to replace it with the 18 volt set up., just make sure you reregister it for the lifetime warranty. Don't let them tell it it transfers because it doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                        X