Boar Buster VS. Thermal Vison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boar Buster VS. Thermal Vison

Ok so if you got the cash and deep, black hate for feral hogs like most Texans do... which would you invest in and why?

Boar Buster

Or Thermal scope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m interested in the responses. I think the trap would make a more significant impact on the population, but the thermal would be more fun. I’ve been contemplating this exact scenario myself.

Comment

boff of em!!

Comment

Originally posted by CoachStanton View Post
        boff of em!!

Lol I like your thinking my bank account not so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thermal. Just this weekend I killed 53.

Comment

We use Jager pro traps, we have caught over 350 pig in the last year and a half.

Comment

Jager Pro and thermal here

Comment

Thermal...I'll probably take some heat for this comment, but I'm just not that mad at them. I kinda enjoy shooting those big porkers...little ones too.

Comment

If I have my own land-boar buster
                  If I don’t own property-thermal

Comment

Thermal

Comment

My livelihood is selling NV and thermal so I think it's obvious what I'll say.haha But seriously, it just depends on your area, how many hogs you have an how apt they are to get trap smart. One of my good friends has the Boar Buster (or a similar brand?) trap and he's only caught a handful of hogs in it over the last year. It's been a huge investment with very little return. He also has a thermal he bought from me 2-3 years ago and that was a smaller investment but it too has given very little return on the money.

And it's not that he doesn't have hogs, its just that nothing is easy. He's had a very hard time getting hogs to actually go into the trap. They will eat up around it but are very wary of it. It takes time and energy to keep it baited, watch it and really put in the work to catch hogs with it. Thermal is the same way. You've got to leave your comfortable chair in your living room and go out and hope to even see any hogs and rarely is it the awesome time you see on the Youtube hunting videos. What those videos don't show is the hogless nights, the hours of prep work, the baiting, the driving around looking for pigs and the fact that most of the time the hunters are on places that are flat over run with hogs.

So at the end of the day, it's a toss up in my opinion and it's work either way. Being in the business of selling thermal.....I'm going to say thermal. When you are busting hogs in the complete darkness and they never know you are there, it's a ton of fun. They are also much less likely to "get smart" to it. So year in and year out, you can continue to kill a bunch of hogs. But if you get a trap and get lucky and catch 25-30 at a time.....that takes a lot of shooting with thermal.

Decisions, decisions.

- Jason

Comment

I can't afford either, so it's homemade trap and Gen II NV for me......

Comment

I think you should go thermal. If you get on a group of hogs there ain't no tellin how many you'll get killed. It ain't even fair. There ain't much that runs off without a bullet hole in it if you bring your A game.

Comment

My vote is thermal, but if you buy a thermal, you need a suppressor too!

Comment

Thermal will be killing hogs long after they've wised up to the trap or it's had mechanical issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X