No announcement yet.

Best Fire Ant Killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ortho Orthene. Follow the directions. Just keep it off your skin and stay up wind during application. Will kll the mound.

Comment

Maybe I am not vigilant enough but anything I have ever put down just moves them around. I guess I will get a little more serious with it this year and see if the above advice helps me any.

Comment

I have used everything. When I go back for a body count there are none. I think they just move.

Comment

A lot of dish soap and 1 gallon of HOT water. They don't move around after that and no worries about kids or pets.

Comment

Dissolve a bar of lye in a 5 gal container that you can heat up, if you can find the entry point pour the heated water in the top and let the mound collapse into it's self use all the water and that should kill the queen. if she's dead the colony will die too.

Comment

Over 'n Out for several month's control along with Orthene for spot killing.

Comment

DIY ... Dawn dishwashing detergent mixed with warm water

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                  DIY ... Dawn dishwashing detergent mixed with warm water
                  never heard of that. that is a great tip.

Comment

Lighter fluid and some matches.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasHogs View Post
                      Gas works good
                      X2
                      And a match

Comment

Thanks for all the input. I have heard of the hot water soap trick. The lye and hot water sounds interesting too.

Comment

You can buy Advion or Extinguish bait wiyhout a license acephate is the same as ortho orthene, just the generic name. You should be able to find it a a local feed store. Home Depot and such don't carry it.

Comment

Put about three different kinds in a broadcast spreader and have at it. That's what I do

Comment

Free range chickens work good around my place but may not work in all situations.

Comment

Napalm

Comment

Working...
                                X