Vidor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vidor

Headed to Vidor with a load of supplies, looking for a open route.
    I know 105 to Moss Hill , 146 to Liberty and 90 towards Beaumont is open.
    But need to find route from Beaumont to Vidor..

thanks

Originally posted by easttxbowbender View Post
    Headed to Vidor with a load of supplies, looking for a open route.
    I know 105 to Moss Hill , 146 to Liberty and 90 towards Beaumont is open.
    But need to find route from Beaumont to Vidor..

thanks
    Last time I checked I-10 was passable until you got to the state line. But, S.H. 90 was closed off do to a chemical spill or release, might want to recheck if 90 is open all the way. Please let us know if you find something out?

Rwc

Comment

You can go around the 90 closure at Crosby by coming into Houston and taking 1960 to Dayton if it's open.
      You can also go to Cleveland and take 321 South to Dayton and pick up 90...

The 90 closure is at Crosby just outside the East side Beltway 8/tollway.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Take a look at whats happening on the Neches. sam is trying tto get to vidor with an airboat right now. he said he was headed east to try coming in from that side. thinking he could get to evadale but didnt know after that.

Comment

Vidor

Best bet is hwy 90 to i-10. Most Vidor exits will be a boat ramp.

I believe I-10 westbound is closed
            Last edited by TallTexan; 08-31-2017, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              Take a look at whats happening on the Neches. sam is trying tto get to vidor with an airboat right now. he said he was headed east to try coming in from that side. thinking he could get to evadale but didnt know after that.
              Just got off the phone with a buddy down in that area, says the Neches is rising and the Sabine is too. He does not believe that I-10 is travel able period once you get to the Cow Bayou Bridge on I-10. He also said that I-10 at the state line is for sure closed and the Sabine is rising so that area will be shut down for awhile.

Best of luck to all traveling with aid.

God Bless
              Rwc

Comment

Vidor

Last edited by TallTexan; 08-31-2017, 10:13 AM.

Comment

I-10 flooding at Rose City, unable to make it to vidor...Was able to drop off supplies at a local church in Beaumont. I was told a 118,000 people were left without water...
                  Last edited by easttxbowbender; 08-31-2017, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by easttxbowbender View Post
                    I-10 flooding at Rose City, unable to make it to vidor...Was able to drop off supplies at a local church in Beaumont. I was told a 118,000 people were left without water since Monday.

Water was shut down by the city of Beaumont this morning.

Both pumping facilities controls that feed the treatment plant are under water, so they cannot feed the plant.

Comment

Buddy was in Vidor making rescues and said they just got out by the skin of their teeth...

I-10 to Louisiana is good from BC. Lots of people headed that way now due to rising bayou.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
                        Buddy was in Vidor making rescues and said they just got out by the skin of their teeth...

I-10 to Louisiana is good from BC. Lots of people headed that way now due to rising bayou.

Y'all still okay? Shoot me a text if you need anything. Have the boat ready to roll. Did a few rescues in orange yesterday.

Comment

Vidor

Originally posted by BowTech2010 View Post
                          Y'all still okay? Shoot me a text if you need anything. Have the boat ready to roll. Did a few rescues in orange yesterday.

I'm good. Just worried about how high the bayou will rise due to Toledo. No water in my house so far but out of power. I went ahead and came to mid county to groves at moms house because they have power. My boats been hooked to my truck the whole time just in case.

Be safe man. Threat of Neches and Sabine River and we are all sandwiched in between.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            You can go around the 90 closure at Crosby by coming into Houston and taking 1960 to Dayton if it's open.
                            You can also go to Cleveland and take 321 South to Dayton and pick up 90...

The 90 closure is at Crosby just outside the East side Beltway 8/tollway.
                            Charlie, ii have monitered the trinity since there have been gauges. The most i ever remember was a flow of 128,000 CFS. The trinity at Liberty today was at 228,000cfs. i have been on that river all my life. i cant picture it. Thats near double the flow of the highest flow ever.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                              Charlie, ii have monitered the trinity since there have been gauges. The most i ever remember was a flow of 128,000 CFS. The trinity at Liberty today was at 228,000cfs. i have been on that river all my life. i cant picture it. Thats near double the flow of the highest flow ever.
                              Same here Steve. I don't see how the town of Liberty can possibly survive without MAJOR flooding! Got lots of friends there. Sheriff and I went to school together since we wuz kids. They're justifiably worried! It's 1.67 feet above its all time high since they put the gauge in at the bridge... Year before last when it got so high, it made it to 30.00 feet... water was just below the floor of our camp... It's 2.67 feet higher, and with that kind of flow likely to go higher... Only good thing about that is that the higher it gets, the more flow it can handle without rising as much... and that's a REACH calling that "good"...

Comment

Working...
                              X