• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D money View Post
    Solar lights on sell at walmart..... $1.79
    You will have to buy a hundred of them to equal amount of light

Comment

I have to have one more post to be able to post links.... here it is.

See next post!

Comment

My set up.

Here is what I did....

I ran the 12V solar panel that came with the LED light (yes, it is 12V solar cell, but the internal battery is 6V) to a small SLA battery and then to the light. I put a diode inline with the (+) so the batterey wouldn't feed power to the solar cell and drain the battery it when there wasn't sun. The constant 12V feed into the light makes it brighter.

I put a camera on the same 4X4 and ran a 6V solar cell to a 6V battery in the box and ran that to a plug to the external power feed of the light.

I put a red filter on the light. A buddy has the same light on the same lease and took the filter off and the hogs still came and didn't run off when the plain white came on.

I put the batteries in a $12 conduit box I bought form Home Depot and ran the 3/8" flex conduit to everything. I sealed everything up with silcone and reinforce the attachment points the the solar cell, LED light and the camera with silicone. Hopelully it holds. I also used some of the little hold down for the flex conduit to keep it all inplace. The camera and the light should work for a while without having to do anything to them.

Last edited by Texas276; 09-25-2013, 10:00 AM. Reason: add pic

Comment

Awesone!!

Comment

With a m..

Comment

57$ easy hog light

Just stuck a hog ! The light didnt even phase them. It's been runnin for a while now. Will look for it after hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by LloydMcCoy View Post
                Just stuck a hog ! The light didnt even phase them. It's been runnin for a while now. Will look for it after hunt.
                Pics?

Comment

Pass thru and bloody arrow. No pig yet

Comment

No pig. Sad face

Comment

Where did you hit? Find blood trail at all?

Comment

Think I hit low chest. Outside ribcage. Lotsa fat juice and little blood.

Comment

Cool

Comment

The DIY section rocks. I too made one of the cool lights but used coupons and sales to get mine at Harbor Freight for ~$25. Mounted it as shown and put it up on my new double barrel pig feeder. It may be hard to see, but this pen is square and I couldn't keep the hogs in the trap after the game slammed shut. So, I cut short lengths of hog panel and wired them in the corners. Now it is more of a stop sign shape.

Comment

Anyone else have 120 volts at their feeders?!

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Working...
                                X