For the Salt Smart guys or gals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the Salt Smart guys or gals

What are some of the best lures or things to CAST in the surf? Not really looking at cut bait and tight line.

Hard to beat mr52 lures or a gold spoon the end

Comment

I usually use soft plastics in dark colors and sometimes a topwater early. Occasionally a large silver spoon.

Comment

Gulp shrimp on a jighead under a popping cork will get you bit.

Comment

Originally posted by duckboy007 View Post
          Gulp shrimp on a jighead under a popping cork will get you bit.
          Color or colors??

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
            Color or colors??
            New penny, or the natural looking one. I haven't really noticed a huge difference. If the fish are there, they're there.

Comment

Thanks keep info coming. Trying to learn and will try it out in a couple of weeks.

Comment

I throw a bone topwater at sun up and a 5" pearl or white soft plastic paddle tail soon there after. (Any brand will work becouse fish don't care)

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  I throw a bone topwater at sun up and a 5" pearl or white soft plastic paddle tail soon there after. (Any brand will work becouse fish don't care)
                  Always the bone topwater at sun up for me. Skitterwalk or supersoook if choppy and if calm I’ll go down a size.
                  Spoons and MR mentioned above are great too

Comment

I always skip the topwater bite, I like to use big plastics. Down South Super Model in plum/treuse or 5" Hogie in plum/treuse.

Comment

Rootbeer Cocahoe minnow has caught a lot of Reds and Specks for me - and a few flounder too

Comment

I’ve always had great luck with mirrorlures. Take sinking, suspending and floaters so you cover all the columns the fish might be feeding in.

Comment

Don't overthink it. Any of the main soft plastics. A spoon is great too.

Comment

If I get there soon enough I'll throw a topwater until I can see. Usually from less than knee deep water, then plastics. The last time I went down I fished in the headlights/light bars for about 20 mins it was so dark

Comment

This right here. Casting directly into the wind working quickly with rod tip up.

MirrOlure 51MR
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X