10,959 days ago ... the greatest day in my life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

December 27, 1987 .... 19 yrs old and I checked myself into treatment since my selfish ways were not working.

30 yrs later, I pray the Serenity Prayer daily and thank God for saving my life. He obviously had greater plans for me. I've learned over the years that helping those in times of need and giving back to others are my greatest attributes.

here's my testimony for those who haven't read it ... http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...light=sobriety

Awesome! Congrats man. Keep on keepin on!

Comment

Keep it going CB! I enjoy seeing this thread on here every year. I did not remember that you did it at 19!

Comment

That's about as good as it gets. Congrats!

Comment

Comment

Love ya bro...you are a shining light & a great person we are fortunate to have on our site. Glad to call you friend.

Saludos...

Comment

Blake, I'm mighty proud to call you friend and Brother in Christ sir!! God Bless you and keep you.

Comment

I'm a 12 pack a day drinker. I felt real proud not drinking the last four days. Now, I'm drunk once again. At least this thread has me going to bed at 15 beers. Maybe there's hope. Seems like wishful thinking after 26 years of hard drinking. Did have three years of moderate drinking (6 pack a night) 15 years ago. Sometimes feels like drinking is the quickest way to a foregone end.

Comment

That's awesome CB! Keep coming back ...! Creeping up on 6 years myself.

Comment

Praise the Lord!!

Comment

That is AWESOME, Blake! Congrats on one more good day, brother. Here's to a few thousand more!

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Charge View Post
                        I'm a 12 pack a day drinker. I felt real proud not drinking the last four days. Now, I'm drunk once again. At least this thread has me going to bed at 15 beers. Maybe there's hope. Seems like wishful thinking after 26 years of hard drinking. Did have three years of moderate drinking (6 pack a night) 15 years ago. Sometimes feels like drinking is the quickest way to a foregone end.
                        if you ever want to talk, PM me and I'll call you on my dime

I'm not here to judge or try to change people's lifestyles and choices. I'm a good listener and willing to lend support

Comment

I admire you for taking the first step 30 yrs. ago. With God's help and your desire to walk with Him there will be much joy in your life.

Serving Him-

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                            if you ever want to talk, PM me and I'll call you on my dime

I'm not here to judge or try to change people's lifestyles and choices. I'm a good listener and willing to lend support

I lean on Blake several times a week! 700 question call Blake, cooking call Blake, life questions call Blake, I’m board call Blake[emoji23].

Blake sorry for calling you so much[emoji23]

Seriously this guy PM’d me years ago when I had just joined and we have been friends ever since. I have probably bored this guy to death with my problems but he has always been there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Black Ice; 12-28-2017, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Love the story. Good for you Blake. May God continue to bless you!

Comment

Working...
                              X