Any RC truck experts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any RC truck experts?

My boy wants an RC truck for Christmas. We aren’t experts. What’s the best for around $200? Battery or nitro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Battery and brushless

Comment

I recommend battery because nitro takes too much extra support stuff and require engine tuning for optimal performance. Battery only takes a charger and if running lipo's care not to over discharge and charging in a safe place.

As for what to buy that's up to you regarding whether you want brushed or brushless, nimh batteries which are safer or lipo's

Comment

Battery are easier. I had a traxxis rustler with the brush less and some lipo batteries. That this was screaming fast. I had a traxxis tmax back in the day. It was always something with it. Both I went through alot of parts like a-arms and axles and littles parts like that. They are super fun. I'm ready for my son to get a couple years older so I can use him as an excuse to get one or two.

Sent from my XT1687 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm a 1/5th scale gas fan but those are like 1000 bucks. THEY are a BLAST though. They run around sounding like a ****** off weed eater with an after market exhaust.

Comment

Traxxas Bigfoot $215.
            It’s made on their Renegade chassis, maybe it’s the Stampede, can’t remember but that chassis has been around and parts are easy to find.
            Any of the big hobby shops will carry any all parts for that model, which includes the Craniak, Skully, Bigfoot..all the same truck.
            Donuts, wheelies, 30mph, huge jumps, my kid loves it.

Comment

very limited for $200 bucks.....$400 and the choices are better...

Def get battery and brushless, Traxxas

Comment

For that price I would get a Traxxas Rustler or Stampede. They are what you will get for $200 and will be brushed at that price. They can be upgraded to brushless and LIPO as you wear the motor and battery out and more importantly get good at driving it! Things will break on them when you hit a curb at 30mph and part of the fun is repairing and upgrading them. I tried to get my son to get the Rustler since it is lower to the ground but he was dead set on the Stampede. After he had his Stampede a couple of weeks I bought myself a Rustler and he prefers it over his. The lower center of gravity keeps it on its wheels way better than the monster truck it just doesn’t look as cool. I hope you have a good hobby shop near you because you will be visiting often to get upgrade/replacement parts, wheelie bars, etc.
                Last edited by Cantcatch5; 12-19-2017, 06:41 AM.

Comment

I would vote for something from Traxxas too. I believe some of them can be programmed with a "kid" mode limiting the speed so they can learn how to handle it.

After he learns it, you can accessorize the heck out of it.

Comment

Thanks fellas. I think there is a place here in Longview that sells the Traxxas. Going to go check them out today.

Comment

I know when we had friends with nitro rc trucks growing up they were always breaking. My brother bought a rc boat that is probably 4 foot long and it is awesome to play with. I always had battery and they were pretty sweet. Not sure of the brands though

Comment

I just ordered the stampede last night. It was 200$, from Hobby Zone.

The parts to upgrade are endless, and inexpensive.

Comment

We got both boys the rustlers, it’s gonna be a blast around here in a few days!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                            Thanks fellas. I think there is a place here in Longview that sells the Traxxas. Going to go check them out today.
                            Hobbytown USA

Comment

So I just found out my neighbor has a Traxxas Slash 4x4 brushless with dual charger and 2 batteries that he has driven 3 times. He said he would take $400 for it. Is that a deal?

Comment

Working...
                              X