Buck with a chunk missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buck with a chunk missing

First time I’ve seen this deer and first time on camera - sure would love to know the story! Crazy how tough these guys can be...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something almost did you a favor killing him. Good grief that deer needs shot something fierce lol

Comment

Looks like he stepped on an alligator.

Comment

Hit low with rifle or bow maybe

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
          Something almost did you a favor killing him. Good grief that deer needs shot something fierce lol

No kidding - he needs to go!

Comment

Tough dude. Deer are resilient. Somebody missed low. He will make it just fine.

Comment

Finish him!

Comment

Seen this before
                Attached Files

Comment

Crazy tough animals.

Comment

We have a few walking around our lease kinda like that. One very young 4 point with a chunk out of the top of his back and another decent 8 with a bullet hole in the upper part of his hip. Frustrating because we hear a lot of shots from the neighbor ranch and we think they are "if it's brown it's down" hunters. We are bow only. I've lost count on the number of shots I've heard on any given Saturday morning.

Comment

Buck I shot this year had a chunk missing a few years back.

Comment

Myst have been one of dem black kitty cats after him....

Seriously amazes me how tough these animals are.

Comment

I hit an old doe high several years ago that lived at least 2 more years. She had a valley in her back from the arrow. I had made my mind up to shoot her cause she was always blowing when she came out. Didnt matter the wind or if I was 80 yards away in a box or 20 in a climber. After I shot her she stopped blowing

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                            We have a few walking around our lease kinda like that. One very young 4 point with a chunk out of the top of his back and another decent 8 with a bullet hole in the upper part of his hip. Frustrating because we hear a lot of shots from the neighbor ranch and we think they are "if it's brown it's down" hunters. We are bow only. I've lost count on the number of shots I've heard on any given Saturday morning.
                            We must have the same neighbors in San Saba. I hear a minimum of 5 shots per hunt.

Comment

Working...
                            X