Taurus Tracker 44 Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taurus Tracker 44 Opinions

I'm thinking upgrading from my .357. Anybody have the Tracker in .44? How does it do on hogs? I've shot a few recently with my .357 but they haven't left much of a blood trail so I'm wondering if I punch a little bigger hole in them if it would help. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just picked one up a few months ago. Haven't had a chance to hit a hog with it yet. Looking forward to the opportunity to do so, though.

Comment

Do know much about the tracker. However there is much more energy in a 44 mag.

From this link: https://www.swggun.org/357-vs-44/

If we look at the graph, we notice that when thinking about the 357 Mag vs 44 Mag, the .44 Mag rounds we have chosen bring a lot more force with them than the .357 Mag. All but one of the .44 Mag rounds are carrying more than 600ft.lb of force at the 100-yard mark. This is an incredible amount of stopping power for a handgun round and will factor into what applications we feel this cartridge is useful for. All of the .44 Mag rounds carry a lot more energy downrange when compared to the .357 Mag rounds except for the single 158gr Winchester Super-X round. The higher grain weight of this round and the amount of velocity behind it bump it up to energy levels that are even higher than three of the .44 Mag rounds. Still, as a general pattern, .44 Mag rounds are going to carry more energy and in theory, cause a lot more damage to the target.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
        I just picked one up a few months ago. Haven't had a chance to hit a hog with it yet. Looking forward to the opportunity to do so, though.

Where did you get yours from? Any good deals out there?

Comment

Originally posted by lost cajun View Post
          Where did you get yours from? Any good deals out there?

Got mine used right here on TBH. It is really fun to shoot though.
          Last edited by Pullersboy; 12-19-2017, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Some of the Trackers have had timing issues with the pawls on the back of the cylinder. I don't know your likes/dislikes but the Ruger Redhawk or Super Redhawk may be a better option. The 44 is no slouch, I have punched a couple of critters with them. If you reload, the Lee 310 grain mold casts a RFN bullet with a gas check that is death on hogs. I now have a TC Encore handgun in 44 that is capable to 100 yards pretty easily.

Comment

44 [emoji1303]

Taurus [emoji1304]

Comment

one thing for sure ear plugs for even one shot with a 44 mag trust me I know LOL

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                  44 [emoji1303]

Taurus [emoji1304]
                  ^This lol

Comment

My son and I walked up on a hog that he had shot and dropped in his tracks. He was doing the death kick and everything. We get close to it and it jumps up and runs right at us. My .357 wasn't slowing him down. I'm sure it had nothing to do with my shooting!!!LOL.

I figured a .44 may even the odds some. I was looking at the Taurus since it's not my primary hunting gun and when I throw it in the truck or drop it in the mud I wouldn't get mad.

Comment

Get you on in 454 and be done with it

Comment

Working...
                      X