Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tagged

Comment

It all sounds good I'm just having a tough time with the gallon of mustard. I hate mustard but I have used it when prepping fish and chicken. Could you taste it?

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
        It all sounds good I'm just having a tough time with the gallon of mustard. I hate mustard but I have used it when prepping fish and chicken. Could you taste it?
        you don't taste it. the best fried chicken is marinated in mustard over night then seasoned and battered. Mustard is used on a lot of things. Heck team rib rubs it all over there ribs first. they rock !!

Comment

Originally posted by Breezy View Post
          you don't taste it. the best fried chicken is marinated in mustard over night then seasoned and battered. Mustard is used on a lot of things. Heck team rib rubs it all over there ribs first. they rock !!
          What exactly does the mustard do if you cant taste it?

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post

Adds color!! Lmao!!

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
              It hides the mudbug chit on your t-shirt!

Comment

Binding agent I assume

Comment

Comment

Google is your friend.

Comment

Did some this weekend like this. Very juicy.

I think next time, I will boil in seasoned water, then put them in the cooler with the mustard seasoned water. Can't get too much spice when it comes to crawfish or shrimp.

Comment

Sounds good!

Comment

Originally posted by coonazz View Post
                          My 2 cents-

If you're doing several boils, this is a good way to do volumes of crawfish - but for the weekend warrior that is just boiling one pot, you should just kill the boil as soon as the crawfish are cooked by shutting off the fire and adding ice to the pot. (This does 2 things - prevents overcooking and helps the meat absorb the flavors.) Frozen 2 liter Coke bottles are nice because they don't dilute the boil water. If not - make sure you compensate for the dilution by just adding ice directly to the pot. You can also hose down the pot to bring down the temp fast.

Either way -When you add the seasoning to the pot isn't important at all as long as it's there when you kill boil and start the soaking. Goes for shrimp too.
                          This guy knows what he is talking about!
                          I would also add - it is not all about how hot you can make them. It is about flavor - lemon, garlic, onion, etc.....

Comment

Originally posted by Aggies12 View Post
                            This guy knows what he is talking about!

I would also add - it is not all about how hot you can make them. It is about flavor - lemon, garlic, onion, etc.....

I agree. I don't enjoy super hot bugs.

Comment

I'm no expert but, roll them the way you like them. I found a recipe my friends and family like and they have never complained. If they are happy, I'm good.

For the record, the "ice quench" isn't to bring the temp to room temp, just help the meat suck up the seasoning. The slight temp difference is all you need. Cooler is better, but not required of your mix is on point. Just like letting a steak rest for 5-10 minutes after taking it off the grill.

Last of the Bowhicans

Comment

Stickman had a party last night & he poco & myself did two sacks. One like this and one the traditional way. Both were good but this way was the bomb. Good times boys !

Comment

Working...
                                X