FYI- Proposed Doe Days Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI- Proposed Doe Days Meeting

Putting this out there in case anyone would like to attend. This is the time to voice your opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are getting over run with does I wish they would remove the anther restriction for 4 days also

Comment

Last edited by bossbowman; 12-19-2018, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Man this would be great. I'm curious what counties they have listed. I couldn't find it searching on google.

Comment

I hope they add Dewitt county for consideration too, I have a buddy with a palace down there and the ratio has to be 5-1.

Comment

Originally posted by FCoDxDart View Post
            Man this would be great. I'm curious what counties they have listed. I couldn't find it searching on google.

The other thread has it posted. But heres a snapshot

Comment

I dont know about other parts of Austin county, but I know where im at, these doe days are not needed at all.

Comment

Second Thought

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                I dont know about other parts of Austin county, but I know where im at, these doe days are not needed at all.

After reading your post sir, I had to rethink my statement from the other thread on this same subject. And although in that statement I did agree with this proposal, I thought about it a bit and realized that I could be wrong even for my area in Caldwell County. I see many does at my feeder and on game camera but I don't really see a lot of deer when driving around my area. And also, am I seeing so many deer because I am the only person feeding year round and am I the only person watching. Sure made me think.

Comment

On my place we see 20 - 30 anthlerless deer per sitting My neighbor says he sees just a few
                  Habitat and feed holds deer Grass fields are great for cattle not deer

Comment

Well that's promising. Have to try to make that.

Comment

Originally posted by diamonde40 View Post
                      After reading your post sir, I had to rethink my statement from the other thread on this same subject. And although in that statement I did agree with this proposal, I thought about it a bit and realized that I could be wrong even for my area in Caldwell County. I see many does at my feeder and on game camera but I don't really see a lot of deer when driving around my area. And also, am I seeing so many deer because I am the only person feeding year round and am I the only person watching. Sure made me think.

And im sure there are a lot more deer we dont see. But most ive seen at one time was around 10 deer and im sure some were bucks. Just not many does around us right now. I think coyotes have something to do with it as their thick. I plan to start thinning them out early next year.

Comment

Im assuming these are counties that don't have a doe season?

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                          Im assuming these are counties that don't have a doe season?
                          I believe most of these counties are under Antler Restrictions. I know that in the county I mostly hunt -- Lee -- you can only kill does ("antlerless" deer) during the archery-only portion of the season. Would be nice to have more opportunity to shoot a doe.

Comment

I’m in Colorado county and we really need some doe days during gun season for the kids.

Comment

I spoke with our Karnes County Bilogist last week about this and I sure hope it passes. We hunt 450 acres and our landowner didn’t want us to renew the mld program a few years ago. I am the only bow hunter that hunts in October and only took 1doe this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X