Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
    Run run run!

We have owned 1 Discovery, and in laws have had 3! They are junk after 70k and very expensive to repair. My in laws are slow learners, but now they get it.

Not to mention resale is horrible too.
    Yup! My coworker has a 2017 range rover SVR and it turns heads and it's one hell of a vehicle but after having it in the shop twice and it doesnt have 15k on it yet, hes planning on selling it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
      Range Rover or Land Cruiser is out of the budget. I'll spend more than I would like to as is, but we just aren't ready to drop $100k on car. Love the Land Rover look. Full size but sleek, we need dependable though.
      Sounds like you answered your own question, LR’s are not for you.
      Captain Dave said explains it pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer75 View Post
        Sounds like you answered your own question, LR’s are not for you.
        Captain Dave said explains it pretty well.
        Help me understand how... We are looking around 40-60k across the board. Looks wise, our preference is land rover by a long shot. I understand "luxury" vehicles have higher preventative maintenance through the dealer. That is a factor but not a deal breaker. If it's a POS that doesn't hold up, I don't care what badge is on the front. I just want a nice and dependable vehicle for my wife.

Comment

Help me understand how... We are looking around 40-60k across the board. Looks wise, our preference is land rover by a long shot. I understand "luxury" vehicles have higher preventative maintenance through the dealer. That is a factor but not a deal breaker. If it's a POS that doesn't hold up, I don't care what badge is on the front. I just want a nice and dependable vehicle for my wife.
          A Toyota Sequoia or the same version of Lexus is the car to be looking at.

Comment

Have you checked out the GLC with Mercedes?

Comment

Lol

I’m seeing some confusion here.

Land Rover is the manufacturer like Ford or Chevy.

Range Rover is the model like a Tahoe or Expedition.

So in summation, it’s a Land Rover Range Rover or a Land Rover Discovery or a Land Rover Freelander, or Land Rover whatever like Chevy or Ford, as the make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mikerosa View Post
                Lol

So in summation, it’s a Land Rover Range Rover or a Land Rover Discovery or a Land Rover Freelander, or Land Rover whatever like Chevy or Ford, as the make.

^This.

Big price difference too. I assume the op is talking about a full-size Discovery.
                Last edited by 30-30; 08-24-2018, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                  ^This.

Big price difference too. I assume the op is talking about a full-size Discovery.
                  Sport Model per the Mrs. if we are splitting hairs. I appreciate the input from everyone. There wont be a Land Rover in my driveway. Sequoia is on the list to go look at in person. That GLC looks awesome.

Comment

Lol

Lol but all the models are costly to own, rentals and loaners will the norm, and resale is a joke.

I agree with others look at Toyota.

Comment

Sport Model per the Mrs. if we are splitting hairs. I appreciate the input from everyone. There wont be a Land Rover in my driveway. Sequoia is on the list to go look at in person. That GLC looks awesome.
                      The GLC is a lot of fun. Dad just got one about five months ago. Comes with some gadgets, and stuff that really make it stand out. The price on the GLC is actually not that bad. Definitely a luxurious look and feel.

Sequoia is a larger size. Very good/dependable vehicle. I would call this more comfortable.

Comment

Had a sequoia, rock solid toyota dependability. Sold it with over 200k on it and still see it all over town.

Comment

Lol

No confusion. It's like saying Dodge sucks. It's just a fact

Comment

I just want a nice and dependable vehicle for my wife.
                            From the general direction of the reviews in this thread, the vehicle your wife wants is not a match to what you're looking for. But, if she has her heart set on a LR, get the warranty as stated and good luck.

Comment

Wife has an 02 Duscovery 2. Definitely a love hate relationship! Not only is it more expensive to fix and sometimes very hard to diagnose, it can be even harder finding people who are willing to work on them.

Comment

Owned a LR discovery 1996. Fun off road but a disaster as far as reliability. Needed a valve job at 60k miles. So I sold it and got a Yota land cruiser and drove it 220k.

Comment

Working...
                                X