Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 05-24-2019, 12:31 PM   #1
ctom87
Eight Point

Hunt In: Nolan County
Default Wisdom teeth. Keep or remove?

Oral surgeon's advice welcomed here. I have a very tough decision to make.

I have no problems with my wisdom teeth. They are sideways and up against the 12 year molars, but aren't growing, moving. Right now, everything is fine. A guy my dad went to high school with told me that I was not needing to get them removed. "Leave them right where they are, they aren't hurting anything," he would say every 6 months.

Well, he died, so I have to go see a new dentist. I've been to Mint Dentistry and two other private practices, and all three dentists have told me I need to get them removed.

Finally after being told to leave them by my original dentist, Mint telling me to remove them and I refused, then a 3rd dentist telling me to remove them, I went to an oral surgeon. During the consult, he took his xrays and said "I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole. They aren't moving, they aren't causing pain, they'd leave a huge hole in your jaw and it would be susceptible to breaking, not to mention it's highly risky due to the location of the root next to the nerve. It's not worth the risk and you would hate me the rest of your life."

I was confident that my decision to avoid getting them taken out and the advice of my first dentist was correct. I had made the right decision.

Well, dentist number 4 comes along, I really like this guy, and he says I need to go to an orthodontist due to a cross bite and some other stuff that will get worse if I don't get it corrected. So I go to the orthodontist and he says he can't really work on my teeth as he has no real estate. He also warns me that they'll end up killing the 12 year molars and I'm going to be losing those teeth later in life. He recommends a 2nd opinion from an oral surgeon in Arlington. This guy seems very good - Dr Ismaili. Very confident.

Ismaili has recognized everything that I've said previously and agrees this is a risky procedure. He acknowledged that there is a "20% chance of nerve damage that could be permanent." (The type of nerve damage is the same feeling of the novacane injections when you get a crown. Imagine that for the rest of your life. I'm 31.) The longer I wait, the more likely my nerve will be damaged and will not recover.

So what would you guys do? Ortho is a good friend and is praying for me. He doesn't know what he'd do and agrees it's a tough call. He said if I were his son, he would suggest I do it.

Doing it now is the least riskiest, but there's a significant 20% chance I have a numb lip the rest of my life. Doing it later increases the risk dramatically. Surgeon said 35% chance at age 40. So it's more likely to happen but my lifespan is shorter. Not doing the surgery poses the risk of losing multiple teeth and forcing the removal, thus damaging the nerve.

Guys, I'm lost on this one. There's a lot of negatives that could happen. I don't want to end up slobbering all over myself the next 50 years.
ctom87 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2019, 01:22 PM   #2
oktx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise County

My wife has hers. If no problems I would leave them.
oktx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2019, 01:23 PM   #3
JayB
Ten Point

Hunt In: Cass County

80% chance there is no problem, if done now. i am going with the guy that thinks of me like a son....do it now.
JayB is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2019, 01:42 PM   #4
WItoTX
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wisconsin, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana

Here's something to consider. What's the typical risk in any wisdom tooth surgery? When I had mine pulled, I remember them telling me there was a chance for permanent nerve damage, I don't remember how much of a chance though.

Also consider that stem cell therapy can probably fix the nerve damage. I have no idea what it takes, and by no means am I an expert, but I am hearing more and more about stem cells and all the stuff they fix. Might check into that.

I would start with those two things, then make my decision after that.
WItoTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2019, 01:43 PM   #5
tgil
Pope & Young

52 and I still have mine that are also in sideways. Dentist I saw for about 40 of those years said not to mess with them. I think the new generation likes to make as much as they can so they can retire early! :-D
tgil is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2019, 02:02 PM   #6
Muskles
Ten Point

Hunt In: Cherokee Co

I had one of mine pulled due to it growing outward and I could really brush the outside very well, or get my tongue back there. It ended up getting cavities. Still have the other 3 and dentist hasn't suggested removing them. Same dentist recommended my wife have all of hers surgically removed. The surgeon removed 2 and started on the other 2, but stopped. Said they were up into her sinuses and might cause more damage by removing them. Sounds like yours may be a different case, since they're crowding your other teeth. My suggestion would be to take the advice of the dentist/surgeon you feel most confident in.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Muskles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2019, 02:05 PM   #7
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: Jack/Coleman/Henderson

I have extraction scheduled for June 24th. Was told 17 yes ago to leave them that they weren't bothering anything and plenty room to come in. Well they are all in and 1 is perfect up and down. All others are sideways pushing on my molars. I did have pain about 3 wks ago on one of them. Not so much the tooth but the gum around the tooth. Based on X-Rays everything looked good but the gum line. I'm 33 and have 32 teeth in my mouth. Dentists said they all look good however he wants to remove my wisdoms. I sometimes think it's just a way for them to make some money. I went ahead and scheduled the extraction however I am debating on whether or not to proceed. In reality I will probably get it over with now while I have insurance that covers it 100%.

Last edited by Antlers86; 05-24-2019 at 02:07 PM.
Antlers86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2019, 02:11 PM   #8
Leverhunter
Six Point

If they are not growing or causing a problem now, leave them alone. Get regular checkups and remove them when/if they start to move. Had a dentist tell me I needed some serious dental work 30 years ago, second opinion said wait and watch. Still watching, hasn't been a problem yet. Seeing a lot of dentist wanting to do work that's not needed yet.
Leverhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2019, 03:01 PM   #9
175gr7.62
Ten Point

Hunt In: Red River County,Harrison County, SW Kansas,

I was in a similar situation at about the same age. Dentists (military and civilian) wanted them gone. Since they didn't bother me I kept telling them nope......until I woke up one morning thinking that someone was trying to drill them out through the top of my head. After an emergency appointment at the oral surgeon and several thousand dollars I was kicking myself for not having them removed sooner.

When they are fine, they are fine. When they go south you will be one miserable SOB.
175gr7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2019, 03:03 PM   #10
DUKFVR
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba,TX

Leave'm
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2019, 03:09 PM   #11
RifleBowPistol
Ten Point

Hunt In: Any where I can

I am not a expert, I was told when I was probably 21 that my wisdom teeth needed to be removed. I was told again, when I was 26, that they were going to need to be removed. That they are laying sideways and have not come through the gums. That this is supposed to some how cause all types of problems. I was told my face should be numb, that where my teeth are, they should have pinched off a nerve or nerves and my face should have been numb long ago. Maybe that's why it does not bother me when I get punched in the face. I just thought those guys could not hit very hard.

I was told I would need oral surgery to have them removed, it was going to take a long time to remove all of the teeth and be expensive. Sounds like a lot of fun, I really did no want. So until I am in unbearable pain, I am not going to get them removed.

I don't have any problems, that I know of and have not had any problems, that I know of, as a result of the way those teeth grew in. I am 50 now. I don't plan on having anything done with them. But everybody is different, so I definitely can't say what your situation is. More so, since I am not a medical expert on the subject. Just my personal experience.

Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 05-24-2019 at 03:12 PM.
RifleBowPistol is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2019, 04:14 PM   #12
ctom87
Eight Point

I appreciate everyone's input. There's a lot of figuring I need to do. The cost of the surgery isn't an issue, it's only $600 for the three. Then I'd have to wait until 2020 to have a 2nd surgery to get the fourth, which isn't as close to the nerve. I'm praying quite a bit. This just bothers me to no end. I'm someone who feels confident in weighing pros and cons, but in this instance, I am having a lot of trouble. While I understand 80% of the time I should come out just fine, it's the severity of the 1 in 5 chance of having a numb lip for the next 40 years that bothers me. Not to mention if I factor in that 10-20 years from now new technology could exist that makes this procedure have even less risk than there is now. Or, as WItoTX said, look at stem cell research.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:15 PM   #13
Lungbustr
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
I was in a similar situation at about the same age. Dentists (military and civilian) wanted them gone. Since they didn't bother me I kept telling them nope......until I woke up one morning thinking that someone was trying to drill them out through the top of my head. After an emergency appointment at the oral surgeon and several thousand dollars I was kicking myself for not having them removed sooner.

When they are fine, they are fine. When they go south you will be one miserable SOB.
Me too, at 37 years old. The pain was pretty extreme.

It was hell getting an appointment too because they stay booked up in advance with high school age kids.
Lungbustr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2019, 04:29 PM   #14
AlaskaFlyerFan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Don't have a place yet

I was sent to see an oral surgeon about my wisdom teeth. Mine are in, they are straight in caused me no pain or any other issues. The dentist told me it would make it easier to work on the other molars (sounds a lot like your “real estate” comment). When I saw the oral surgeon he said that they do not pull teeth that do not have a problem or to make it easier on the dentist working on the molars.

Would you go to a surgeon to have your appendix removed if you didn’t have appendicitis?
AlaskaFlyerFan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2019, 04:33 PM   #15
Medina19
Eight Point

Literally just got out of wisdom surgery an hour ago. My upper wisdom tooth had a cavity that was rotted to the nerve making the pain terrible. They talked to me and the next second I was out. Woke up to the surgery being done got all 4 removed cause I did not wanna go back. Walked out on my own and feel decent right now just a little bleeding. Mine were not causing any problems as well but that one with the cavity. My concern was I have high bloos pressure and the side effects of being put under with high blood pressure are concerning but that pain was way worse. I say do it if you can swing it. I already feel better than I did

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Medina19 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2019, 07:40 PM   #16
jessBsemple
Four Point

If you can keep them clean-keep 'em! If you start having any trouble (cavities, rot, etc.) with one or all- take 'em out!
jessBsemple is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2019, 07:46 PM   #17
deerwatcher51
Ten Point

Hunt In: Richland Springs & Washington on the Brazos

My wife is 69 and still has her wisdom teeth, with no issues. I had a problem with one of mine 35 years ago so I had them take all while I was under.
deerwatcher51 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-25-2019, 03:01 PM   #18
jbarr
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country, S. Texas

Well I ended up getting my wisdom tooth and molar pulled last Thursday and itís been the worst procedure Iíve ever had. I ended up getting bone grafts as it was recommended to me by oral surgeon, the procedure went good and I also had the risk of nerve damage but none so far. Now for the problem, I believe I have TMJ or lock jaw now. I have been laid up in bed for last 2 days because if I talk, chew food or anything remotely active I get a pounding headache that no pain meds will get rid of. I hope it gets better by Tuesday or Iíll be back to the surgeons office to see what the deal is. I had to get mine pulled due to wisdom tooth pushing back molar higher than other teeth and causing crowding. Good luck and hope you have better luck then I did.
Here is my wisdom tooth x Ray and the red line is the nerve you are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jbarr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-25-2019, 03:13 PM   #19
ctom87
Eight Point

They were supposed to send my xrays but didn't Will get both next Thursday.
Old 05-25-2019, 03:33 PM   #20
bow4my2
Pope & Young

Mine were taken out. 3 of 4 came out piece of cake. 4th one had to be broken, sore for a couple days. No problem since. My jaw was hurting a ton before. I’d do it again.
bow4my2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2019, 04:04 AM   #21
locolobo
Eight Point

Hunt In: Somewhere in TX

I had a dental office tell me 20 yrs ago I needed to have mine pulled. I'll add here that this office is owned by a corporation out of Houston and I rarely got to see the same dentist twice in a year because they move on. Thinkin most are recently fresh out of school. They also push things like teeth whitening, laser cleaning and a lot of cosmetic stuff that costs big $. When they suggested removing my wisdom teeth I had them give many "reasons" over the years like, "they will crowd your other teeth making them crooked" They weren't then and now, 20 yrs later still haven't done much damage. "They will make cavities 'Cause they grow too close to the others"", "They are hard to keep clean". They haven't and they're not hard to clean. When a dentist suggested "Most people have them taken out anyway" I Lost it. Found another dentist. I'm now 63 and these teeth have grown in straight, are not hard to clean and have caused no cavities. They have caused a little crookedness in the others but not too noticeable and @my age I don't care.
I have had another dentist fill several "cavities". Just about every time I went for a check-up he would find new cavities. He even showed me the x-rays of said cavities.
2 years ago he quit taking my insurance so I had to find another. He had told me @ the last visit there were 2 more cavities that needed attention. The first visit with a new dentist they did x-rays and the new dentist informs me I had no cavities. Man was I pizzed. Glad I had lost the previous one. But now I don't really trust any dentist. Next time one tells me I have a cavity it will have to be causing me pain before I will have anything done. And my wisdom teeth are doing fine.
locolobo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2019, 03:37 PM   #22
ctom87
Eight Point

I've prayed about this and have come to a decision. I will have 3 of my wisdom teeth removed July 12 with the 4th being removed at a date TBD in 2020. This was the recommendation of my surgeon. I feel confident in his abilities and I believe it will go off without any hiccups. Please continue praying for me. Usually I make decisions and don't have a hard time coming to a conclusion, but this has given me some serious anxiety.

Thanks everyone for your input.
Old 06-17-2019, 03:51 PM   #23
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlers86 View Post
I have extraction scheduled for June 24th. Was told 17 yes ago to leave them that they weren't bothering anything and plenty room to come in. Well they are all in and 1 is perfect up and down. All others are sideways pushing on my molars. I did have pain about 3 wks ago on one of them. Not so much the tooth but the gum around the tooth. Based on X-Rays everything looked good but the gum line. I'm 33 and have 32 teeth in my mouth. Dentists said they all look good however he wants to remove my wisdoms. I sometimes think it's just a way for them to make some money. I went ahead and scheduled the extraction however I am debating on whether or not to proceed. In reality I will probably get it over with now while I have insurance that covers it 100%.
100% true.

I made the mistake of having mine removed. Didn't cause pain but after I did it I found out it was not needed..A lot of them always try to remove everyone's wisdom teeth.

OP - Ask the one dentist that wants you to remove them what percent of his patients he recommends removing.

I'd leave them in until they cause an issue. But really either way you'll probably be fine. I bet they over exaggerate the 20% number also

Good luck. Just saw your last post. Nothing to fear IMO
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2019, 04:06 PM   #24
critter69
Ten Point

Hunt In: CO and Texas when I can

I was told by a number of dentists and my orthodontist for years to get my wisdom teeth pulled and my toncels out. They weren’t bothering me in any way. I didn’t have either removed, 56 now and as of yet they haven’t caused me one single problem. Probably until now, because I wrote this. I would wait until they caused issues. How bad are your teeth, do you really need braces ? I had them, they suck. But my teeth were pretty bad. Ended up removing them my self, I think the orthodontist moved or quit practic3, retired or something.
critter69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2019, 05:01 PM   #25
Acameron52
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coleman & Loving

Get them SOBs out. Nothing worse than tooth pain!!
Acameron52 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2019, 05:21 PM   #26
Grant2
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sonroa, Comfort

Took my 13 year old today and they said pull them and get it over with. He said yes you can keep them 10-15 or 20 years, but one day you will pull them. It's just a matter of when and you heal a lot faster at a younger age. He is scheduled for July 14th and nervous LOL!!
Grant2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2019, 05:33 PM   #27
Pushbutton2
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mc Culloch County since 2015 Van Zandt County since 2017

The Military removed mine while I was on Active Duty in 1990. They said the was growing into my molars.

Last edited by Pushbutton2; 06-17-2019 at 05:57 PM.
Pushbutton2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2019, 05:34 PM   #28
Calrob
Eight Point

Hunt In: Burnet, Joppa, Wilco, My backyard

Find the oldest, country dentist you can and ask him. Not them folks that just moved here from communist states.
Calrob is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2019, 06:29 PM   #29
Brute Killer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Pleasanton

I have mine, but a dentist removed my bicuspids when I was a kid. Probably soon after they grew in.
Only issue was my bottom front teeth buckled just a little, but they don't show.
Brute Killer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2019, 06:44 PM   #30
Ryanm
Four Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches, Michigan

Had mine removed when I was a teenager, well before they really started developing. Will have our kids done the same way.

My wife waited to have hers removed when she was 25. I think they were messing with her other teeth. Surgery caused minor nerve damage and she still can't feel part of her lip. Not life changing, I just have to tell her to wipe food off her face occasionally.. hope that makes you feel better.
Ryanm is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2019, 11:22 PM   #31
double bogey
Ten Point

Hunt In: where ever I can

I had mine out at 21. they hurt so bad I was taking pain pills like candy. My entire headhurt, mostly my ears. As much as my jaws hurt after surgery, the pressure was gone, and it hurt less than it did prior. Ate soup for several days, got off the pain meds.

My jaws hurt for several days after surgery, I think from them jacking the jaw so wide for access, and cutting the teeth out isn't very far from the joint.
double bogey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2019, 11:33 PM   #32
be12hunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: Montell, TX

I tried to keep mine as long as possible. My dentist basically told me that if they weren’t bothering me to just leave them in and see how they progressed. Well they eventually just stayed halfway protruded and started bugging me trying to brush them. Got them pulled with no issues and was eating chips the next day.
be12hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-18-2019, 03:22 AM   #33
12RingKing
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Grocery Store...

I kept mine in for a long time. They rarely caused pain, but I was getting upper jaw pain and thought it was my wisdom teeth. Turns out it was from my chronic sinus infections.

The flip side of not having your wisdom teeth removed is they are extremely hard to brush, and will most likely get cavities. I had holes in mine.

I also believe they caused my teeth to go crooked over the years. My front bottom teeth used to be straight and pretty. Now theyíre all staggered and pretty crooked.

I know itís probably one of the most useless dental procedures out there because you can keep them and never have a problem, but I feel better now not having mine it. My mouth doesnít feel as crowded.

Last edited by 12RingKing; 06-18-2019 at 03:25 AM.
12RingKing is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-18-2019, 03:25 AM   #34
Throwin Darts
Pope & Young

I had mine taken out on my lunch break and then went back to work. Get those suckers pulled and be done with it
Throwin Darts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-18-2019, 09:16 AM   #35
coker737
Ten Point

Hunt In: My KB Ranch. Rocksprings, TX

Join the Military. Free Haircut and all four Wisdom Teeth removed.

BTDT
coker737 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-18-2019, 12:33 PM   #36
denimdeerslayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Waller

The USAF want to take mine out so they could get practice back in '89. I told them no thanks and still haven't had issues.
denimdeerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-18-2019, 12:39 PM   #37
Spoiled_TN_boy
Eight Point

Hunt In: Public Land

I had all 4 removed at age 33 at the recommendation of a new dentist without a 2nd opinion.

My lower left lip and chin have been hypersensitive ever since.
Nerve damage. I cannot chew on left side due shooting pulses that feel like numbness into my chin.
Spoiled_TN_boy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-18-2019, 12:56 PM   #38
Louis
Ten Point

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!
Louis is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-19-2019, 01:32 PM   #39
drbonner
Ten Point

Hunt In: Shelby County and Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlers86 View Post
If you have medical and dental insurance you might want to see which will cover it. My bottom WT were impacted and the top 2 were protruding the gum. Dental covered the top and Medical covered the bottom. I had 9 kinds of heck getting the medical to pay because they said Dental should take care of it.
drbonner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-19-2019, 01:35 PM   #40
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: Jack/Coleman/Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbonner View Post
If you have medical and dental insurance you might want to see which will cover it. My bottom WT were impacted and the top 2 were protruding the gum. Dental covered the top and Medical covered the bottom. I had 9 kinds of heck getting the medical to pay because they said Dental should take care of it.
My dental covered it all. Office sent it in and I owe $1 for for one thing. Scheduled to go in on Monday.
Antlers86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-19-2019, 02:02 PM   #41
adam_p
Ten Point

Hunt In: Grayson, Cooke, Denton

Heed their warnings about the broken jaw deal. Buddy of mine had the same thing done earlier this year and his jaw broke a couple weeks later while eating.

I had mine pulled about 10 years ago and it was super easy. All I remember is talking to the doc about fishing then getting wheeled out the back door. Never had any pain to speak of.
adam_p is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-19-2019, 02:05 PM   #42
KDinTX
Ten Point

Hunt In: Bosque Co., Henderson Co.

Mine weren't an issue when I had them pulled, they were not growing in at all, I was 20 at the time. I just went ahead and had them pulled then instead of waiting till later in life.
KDinTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-19-2019, 02:14 PM   #43
ctom87
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_p View Post
Heed their warnings about the broken jaw deal. Buddy of mine had the same thing done earlier this year and his jaw broke a couple weeks later while eating.

I had mine pulled about 10 years ago and it was super easy. All I remember is talking to the doc about fishing then getting wheeled out the back door. Never had any pain to speak of.

Hmm. I would be super high risk for broken jaw with all the food I shovel down my throat.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:37 AM   #44
Tuffbroadhead
Pope & Young

Same story as most here, When I was in my 20s dentist said they were laying on their side and not to worry about them, now 46 and both sides have developed what they call "skin flaps" where the skin over the wisdom teeth has ruptured. I brush my teeth multiple times a day but once in a while a piece of food gets stuck in there...Instant infection within a day and then I can barely open my mouth for a few days.

Dentist says at my age its a risky venture to remove them because of potential nerve damage. Life sucks when you cant open your mouth to eat..
Tuffbroadhead is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2019, 08:12 PM   #45
ctom87
Eight Point

Well, asking for your prayers. I prayed about it, prayed for the doctor's hands, but I can't shake the anxiety. I know this is the best decision, just hate the 20% possibility I permanently lose feeling in my lip the rest of my life. Please pray for me.

Surgery tomorrow at 10:15 a.m. Let's make the most out of it and have a live-recovery-from-oral-surgery-thread.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:25 PM   #46
Rubberdown
Ten Point

Prayers for you sir.
Rubberdown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2019, 09:50 PM   #47
billfromtx
Pope & Young

The Marine Corps took mine out in 1984.
billfromtx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2019, 10:16 PM   #48
Sika
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hill Country and East TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctom87 View Post
Well, asking for your prayers. I prayed about it, prayed for the doctor's hands, but I can't shake the anxiety. I know this is the best decision, just hate the 20% possibility I permanently lose feeling in my lip the rest of my life. Please pray for me.

Surgery tomorrow at 10:15 a.m. Let's make the most out of it and have a live-recovery-from-oral-surgery-thread.
You'll be fine. I've had wisdom teeth removed, three jaw surgeries and jaw joint surgery. I don't recall any numbness from the wisdom teeth surgery. I had some numbness from the others but it was temporary.

Last edited by Sika; 07-11-2019 at 10:18 PM.
Sika is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2019, 11:16 PM   #49
Rakkasan2187
Ten Point

out
Rakkasan2187 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2019, 11:44 PM   #50
svsup3r
Nubbin' Buck

Prayers for a quick and successful extraction. I waited until I was 38 to have mine pulled when they became a problem. The experience wasn't great but the recovery was quick and easy.
svsup3r is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top