Lens question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lens question

I've got a couple of lenses that I want to put in the Classifieds but I have a couple of questions about one of them.

The lens has a little bit of a rattle when I shake it. Is this normal?

It also has a very small flaw that looks like a scratch on the surface of the lens. I can't see any problem with photos using the lens but I don't want to sell a flawed lens.

Any suggestions before I list it?

Just be up front. The rattle may be nothing. If it's not a prime lens, obviously there are moving parts inside, so that could be the rattle sound. Does it function 100%?

Comment

Seems fine. I will list any issues if I decide to sell it. I'm just not well versed in lens "technology". I know a couple of my other lenses have some noise but the photos are really good.

Thanks

Comment

Shake one of the photos taken with that lens and see if any noise transferred to the pic.

Just be upfront about it and give them the opportunity to inspect it if they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
          Shake one of the photos taken with that lens and see if any noise transferred to the pic.

Just be upfront about it and give them the opportunity to inspect it if they want.
          Didn't notice any noise in the photo that I took today so I put it and another in the classifieds.

Comment

Working...
          X