Panhandle Geese/Crane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panhandle Geese/Crane

Headed up just South of Amarillo in a couple of weeks. What's the report on Cranes and Geese?

Not sure how far south you're going but i just got back from a trip to Knox City on a goose hunt. There were literally thousands of geese, but....they wouldn't commit to coming into decoy spread. Personally I think the guide put out too many decoys, especially the silhouette type. I've heard for whatever reason they spook geese and ducks. Out of 6 hunters we shot 5 geese and 2 ducks! The cranes were plentiful as well but none in range.

Comment

Just got back from Lubbock last weekend... limited on crane with a few geese in the mix on Saturday, then Sunday limited with geese with 1 crane in the mix. Tons of crane and geese and most were very interested in decoying.

Comment

I don't know how far south. Was just told within an hour or so of Amarillo

Comment

Originally posted by tef View Post
          Not sure how far south you're going but i just got back from a trip to Knox City on a goose hunt. There were literally thousands of geese, but....they wouldn't commit to coming into decoy spread. Personally I think the guide put out too many decoys, especially the silhouette type. I've heard for whatever reason they spook geese and ducks. Out of 6 hunters we shot 5 geese and 2 ducks! The cranes were plentiful as well but none in range.

The problem was Knox City not the silos!! I've killed thousands of dark geese over silos. Knox City gets more pressure than anywhere I've hunted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We limited out on Canada’s and few snows this morning up here in Amarillo with Cadillac creek outfitters had a dam good hunt
            If you want to go to my Instagram solo_hunter74 and watch my IG story line video clip good stuff and will give ya view of the carnage

Comment

Working...
            X