No announcement yet.

3/4 ton Gasser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love my 6.4 Hemi 2500. Left Diesel, and have no regrets. Plenty of power for what I need.

Comment

6.4 ram but while you are there look at a 1/2 ton 2019 ram rebel with air suspension . Towing capacity is 12500 vs Ford 3/4 6.2 13,500
      Better milage , better ride and you only give up 1000# of towing

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
        Ford 6.2. Close thread.
        ^^^^This

Best truck I've ever owned. And I've had a bunch.

Comment

What kind of mileage are you guys getting w the gasser? Honestly, lol. Im on the bubble, can justify the 3/4, its probably not neccessary but would be needed enough since I don't drive every day back and forth anywhere. I was leaning towards a diesel, but dang it those suckers are a lot of coin. Plus, the fuel cost, maint., etc.
          Mileage on gas: city, highway, towing.
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tef View Post
            What kind of mileage are you guys getting w the gasser? Honestly, lol. Im on the bubble, can justify the 3/4, its probably not neccessary but would be needed enough since I don't drive every day back and forth anywhere. I was leaning towards a diesel, but dang it those suckers are a lot of coin. Plus, the fuel cost, maint., etc.
            Thanks
            I haven’t figured my gas mileage lately on my Ford. I pull a 3 horse gooseneck And a 2 horse bumper pull with it and I have been pleasantly surprised at how far I go on a tank of gas pulling those trailers. I don’t baby it either I go 70-75 MPH with both on a normal basis and get good mileage

Comment

I've got the Chevy 6.0 in my wife's 1 ton van

...........That thing will get down on it!!! Zero Complaints

I've got the ol' V10 in my Excursion (3/4 Frame&Suspension)

..........That joker seems to be bullet proof!!! Zero Complaints

But honestly if buying new I would have to look really hard at the 6.4 Hemi

my $.02

Comment

Thanks
                I have a 2013 6.2 F-250 KR 4X4 and the mileage sucks. Around town it will average 11/13 and a bit better on the highway at 14/15 depending on conditions. I have no issues with the towing ability, which is great BTW, and fuel is 9/11 depending on the load of course. My mileage dropped when I went to a bit more aggressive tire a couple of years ago but it does better in the mud now. I really love the truck though one of the best Fords I have owned.

Comment

Ford 1/2ton EcoBoost has 12000lb tow capacity and gets insane fuel mileage also. Might want to look at that also

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                    I haven’t figured my gas mileage lately on my Ford. I pull a 3 horse gooseneck And a 2 horse bumper pull with it and I have been pleasantly surprised at how far I go on a tank of gas pulling those trailers. I don’t baby it either I go 70-75 MPH with both on a normal basis and get good mileage
                    Thanks. I drive pretty fast too, so Im not overly concerned about mpg, but was curious. I pull a utv sxs a lot, enclosed trailer w gutter macine/supplies a few times a month, and plan to get an RV at some point. I just feel like I would be happier w the 3/4. My son says diesel all the way, but he ain't paying for it lol.

Comment

Thanks
                      16 Hwy. 12-13 in town on my 6.4

Comment

Thanks

I can get 13 around town, and 15 on the highway if I'm not pushing it. Just pulled my new lease ride out west two weeks ago and a little over 9 was the best I could get with the 6.2 Ford.

Comment

I really like my GMC. I do tow some and it does fine.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
                            Longevity/reliability=Chevy 6.0

Speed/gas mileage=one of the others.
                            True

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Last truck was a 2010 Chevy with the 6.0. Current truck is a Ram MegaCab with the 6.4. Between the two, I would choose the Ram hands down. It has more power and better fuel economy for a 3/4 truck. Test drove a Ford with the 6.2, and may have went that direction, but I couldn’t find one optioned the way I wanted. Plus, the local Ford place didn’t want to budge on price, and acted put out at the idea of someone wanting the gas engine in the F250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks
                                My 13' F-250 Crewcab, 4x4, 3.73's had a high mpg of 16.8 one time, I was running right around the 75mph speed limit. I had a low of 7-8 or some where in there, pulling a 18k, 40'+ triple axle 5th wheel and that was really all my truck wanted. The truck did well around 65mph. My monthly MPG average was 10-11mpg, now that includes city/highway/pulling goosenecks/4x4 in the sand, lots of idle time. That was pretty much my average over the life of the truck while I owned it. Truck was a beast and took whatever I through at it. On highway trips it was real comfortable at 90. Around town, it saw a lot of idle time because when I had my dogs with me, I would leave it running and lock the doors when going into the store etc. Sometimes at the ranch in the summer, it would idle for hours when working on fence/pens etc. My point being that anything in double digit MPG was darn good for what I did with the truck. Only issue I had was the AC compressor right after I bought it. I got the new truck bug and traded it off shortly after turning 100k. The best thing I did while I had it was put a tune in it, got rid of the speed limiter along with the bump in power.

Comment

Working...
                                X