GoPro time lapse setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GoPro time lapse setting

I've been playing around with this feature and it's pretty cool.
    I want to try and capture some of these storms rolling through the metromess.

Anybody else use it?

I just purchased one a few weeks ago and would like to do the same thing. I tried the time lapse feature at work and think I had the setting on 2.7K 60fps. It turned out pretty good for my first video. But interested to hear others thoughts.

Comment

Following, interested as well.

Comment

For time lapse use a slower frame rate to save memory and battery. You want your finished film to be somewhere around 24-30fps. So, if you want your time lapse to be 12 times faster than real life then you would have your GoPro set to take a picture every 0.5sec.

I would start there. I shoot at 2.7k and downsize to 1080p, just in case there is a photo that I really like in the mix.

The GoPro software does a great job compiling the time lapse, but let me know if you need me to walk you through it.

Comment

My settings
          12MP
          0.5 secs
          wide

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
            My settings
            12MP
            0.5 secs
            wide
            Yes, these were my settings for time lapse, not what I stated before. You can tell I know what I'm doing...

Comment

Originally posted by kembry View Post
              yes, these were my settings for time lapse, not what i stated before. You can tell i know what i'm doing...
              lol

Comment

I used similar settings & attached camera to a sign post to capture my son's outdoor Eagle Scout project.

Results were great & but battery died prematurely.

I recently purchased a Brunton all day battery off EBay for $25 to fix that issue
                Good luck

Comment

Tell me about this battery please.

Comment

Yes, more on the battery!

Comment

Following..

Comment

BUY Brunton All Day GoPro Hero-3+ Power Back Charger. Qualified orders eligible for FREE S&H and FREE RETURNS.

Here is the battery pack

Comment

Yea, mine was in "time lapse" mode when I shot my last turkey. It didn't exactly work out. I wish that I could just lock the ****ed thing in 1080 120fps mode forever.

Comment

Tagged for later

Comment

3 users will need a Hero 3 + case for this battery to seal properly

Comment

Working...
                              X