Lightweight 28 nosler question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightweight 28 nosler question

I have a rem 700 TI I'm considering building off of. Might open the boldface to handle a mag cartridge. I love the 28 nos but haven't shot it in a light platform. The build would be a proof build with a break and weigh less than 6.5 lbs likely (bare rifle). I'm curious if anyone has shot a rifle that weighs 7.5 or less scoped with a break in a 28 or similar cartridge and what it was like. I've shot a sub 7 lb scoped 30-06 and can handle it. Just curious how a light mag with break compares.

Recoil should be around a 243 with a good break.

Comment

U think so on such a light rifle?

Comment

Originally posted by ltsheets View Post
        No

My RUM was around 9.5 scoped and was probably about like a 270

Comment

Recoil with a break will be fine.

Comment

That's closer to what I thought but the build scoped wouldn't be more than 8lbs max and most likely less than 7.5 scoped.

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
            No

My RUM was around 9.5 scoped and was probably about like a 270

Comment

It should be around a 243. My buddy's Tikka T3 lite 300 win with a break has a recoil of 243. It all depends on how good the break is.

I hopefully can give you a better answer by next Saturday. I pick up my 28 Nosler this coming Wednesday, plan on shooting it Saturday. I went with a Proof not sure on final weight of the rifle.

Comment

That's closer to what I thought but the build scoped wouldn't be more than 8lbs max and most likely less than 7.5 scoped.
                It will be manageable but still heavier recoil than 270 being that light. That's a lot of powder to burn

Comment

Working...
                X