Take This, Nike!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take This, Nike!!!

Below is a letter posted on Facebook by the President of the National Association of Police Organizations.

Dear Nike,

On behalf of the more than 241,000 law enforcement officers represented by our Association across the country, I write to you to condemn in the strongest possible terms your selection of Colin Kaepernick for Nike’s “Just Do It” ad campaign. Mr. Kaepernick is known, not as a successful athlete, but as a shallow dilletante seeking to gain notoriety by disrespecting the flag for which so many Americans have fought and died.

The inclusion of Mr. Kaepernick in Nike’s “J ust Do It” ad campaign also perpetuates the falsehood that police are racist and aiming to use force against African Americans and persons of color. In reality, officers across the nation risk their lives not only protecting the athletes featured in Nike’s various campaigns, but also serve aspiring athletes across the country who use the Nike brand, through the thousands of Police Athletic Leagues, Boys and Girls Clubs and Big Brother/Big Sister programs where our officers donate their time and energy. They deserve to have the respect and full support of corporate citizens like Nike. Adding to the insult is the image of Mr. Kaepernick from the campaign featuring the quote “Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything.”

The fact that Mr. Kaepernick is no longer a starting NFL player does not equate to him being someone who has “sacrificed everything”. To truly understand what it means to “believe in something” and “sacrifice everything”, you should look to Arlington National Cemetery, or to the National Law Enforcement Officers’ Memorial in Washington, D.C., or to the trauma unit of a military
    hospital.

The brave men and women of every race and color buried there, memorialized there, healing there, believed in this nation and our flag and exemplify the true meaning of “sacrifice”.
    In featuring Mr. Kaepernick in the “Just Do It” campaign, Nike grossly insults the men and women who really do make sacrifices for the sake of our nation. We are calling on all our member officers, their families and friends to join in boycotting all Nike products.

Sincerely,

Michael McHale
    President of the National Association of Police Organizations (NAPO)

Just returned everything we had Nike that we could and won't be buying or wearing anything Nike again!
    Last edited by ShaBow; 09-11-2018, 05:57 PM.

Comment

I agree 100 %. I hope Nike, Under Armor etc. go the way of any un America corporation and fail.

Comment

Agreed

Comment

F. Nike and Kapernick both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rustled Again View Post
            I agree 100 %. I hope Nike, Under Armor etc. go the way of any un America corporation and fail.
            What did U A do again?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              What did U A do again?
              I’m also wondering

Comment

I just can't boycott Nike..........

Because I've never bought anything Nike !

Comment

What did U A do again?
                  I think they were against guns. Not sure if they support archery though.

Comment

Under Armor dropped a female hunter from their pro staff because her husband, who is not on the pro staff, legally killed a bear with a spear in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                      I think they were against guns. Not sure if they support archery though.
                      they support the hell out of Cam Hanes

Comment

Take This, Nike!!!

What did U A do again?

They dropped Sarah Bowmar and her husband because hubby speared a bear and lefties freaked and threatened boycott.

You can see the Bowmar girl on IG. She is a workout enthusiast and a great example for women to follow after.

Bad move by UA. I still wear UA for now. Hopefully they make things right. I get a feel UA is phasing out in hunting or at least keeping it under wraps. They still promote Cam Hanes and a couple others but kinda fell to lefty greenpeace people.

Here’s the pair in question. They got one real bad raw deal by UA.

5,921 likes, 47 comments - SARAH BOWMAR, MBA CPT FNS (@sarah_bowmar) on Instagram: "GO CARDS // GO IRISH #Alumni #ChirpChirp #GoIrish"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by mikerosa; 09-11-2018, 06:28 PM.

Comment

They won’t care what Michael McHale said as long as sales stay up. It’s about money to them.

Comment

Sadly their stock bounced right back

Comment

Waiting on a couple libs to show up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X