How About?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How About?...

This is for ALL archery clubs that host monthly shoots...How about posting the scores for a weekend shoot sometime BEFORE the next month's shoot? I don't know how many shoots I go to every month and God bless the volunteers, who work very hard setting up and taking down the targets, and the club officers who take care of all the paperwork and getting the volunteers, etc, but then the quality stops...somewhere between the paying of the entry fees, and the post shoot festivities,the scores seem to disappear from this planet into a black hole somewhere.I generally don't stay for any ceremonies, and always like to see where I ranked after each shoot, so I wait...and wait...and wait. There has been two shoots so far this month, and NEITHER score has been posted on the club website...I wouldn't think the job is done until all the details of the shoot are completed...and that includes the posting of all the scores for the shoots. I'm asking any club that hosts shoots to please promptly post the scores for your monthly shoots...ASA can host 1000 shooters over a weekend and get the scores all up by Tuesday of the following week...NFAA and Vegas post scores daily...surely, we can at least have them posted by Wednesday of the following week. I'm off the soap box now, flame away.

You are not the only person who feels this way. Personally I think more clubs will soon realize the power of the internet, and find a way to grow their club memberships with it.

Comment

I make an effort to post all scores within the week following the shoot. I try to post on this site and on AT. I only post the top 3 scores within each class. I understand that ASA can do that when they have 1000 shooters, but remember that they have full time paid personnel to do this. We will take this to heart and keep in mind that we need to keep posting scores in a timely manner. Thanks for the input

Comment

That very item is one of our mission objectives for the ASA Texas Federation website. With the help of bowhuntntxn and his wife we are able to get ASA qualifier results up by the Monday or Tuesday after a shoot. Two short years ago Tracy and I ran the whole thing (Shooter of the Year) included with a legal pad and pencil. Just 3 or 4 years ago ASA Pro/Am results were taken back from the shoots and manually posted to the website and usually appeared by early to mid week. Nowdays you can usually get Saturday scores by Saturday night with more internet service and wireless cards.

As far as local clubs go......some have very limited websites and some have no websites at all. Some have no plan or personel to post scores at all. I hope that this will improve in the future. I will put in my two cents to all the clubs that I am associated with thru ASA.

Comment

club scores

Our website will always have the scores from our club shoots posted as well as the club championship standings. It does take a week or so because we all have full time jobs and family that also need attention. Our Board has several new members this year so it may take a few shoots to get the system done but they will be posted. you have to be a member to be in Club Championship Standings. Thanks for the great turnout last Sunday, Todd

Comment

Working...
          X