X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help / advice

I'm going to start videoing my hunts this bow season & need some help on a
    camcorder. My budget is $400 it was higher but the cost of fuel & corn

I'm looking for one that will work with windows movie maker.
    I'm a 1st timer.

Sony DCR-SR45 30GB HDD - Memory Stick Hybrid Camcorder ???

Thanks

They should all work with Movie Maker. The issue is how you get the video from the camera to the computer. Not all cameras come with the right cord to do this. It requires a firewire in either 4 or 6 pin or sometype of video capture device that works as a "go between" for the camera and computer. If you have an older computer, it may not have the appropriate firewire connection. In that case you will need the capture device. With my old system, I had a Dazzle capturer and it worked fine. But man it is so much smoother and faster to go directly to the computer.

Hope that helped.

Comment

Thanks GeneRagulsky
      I have the Dell Inspiron E1505 it has a firewire 4 pin [female] good to go on that. I just need to get the cable.
      Is it easier to edit off of tape or cd or with a built-in Hard Disk Drive into windows movie maker?

Comment

More specifically it is a 1394 fire wire in either 4 or 6 prong depending on what you have. I paid $30ish at Best Buy about 2 weeks ago. Had to buy a new one because my little one decided they needed it for something and can't remember where they put it.

Comment

Got my firewire cable at Target for $15, it has adapters for either size, couln't see buying a high dollar one.....

Comment

Get a camera with mini DV tapes if you can. Easier to transfer to computer.

Comment

I have a Sony DCR-HC36 that works well. It has a 40x optical zoom and super night shot for low light conditions. Here is a video I made in WMM in a matter of minutes.....

Comment

Sorry, here's the link......

Javi Hunt 2008

Comment

Working...
                X