No announcement yet.

South Llano rise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is another good chart in the Real County Rain post that shows what the Nueces River did in Barksdale. For sure flash flooding, almost unbelievable on how quickly it can happen. Prayers for all the folks dealing with the water.

Comment

WOW Courtney, that chart is amazing!! Just hard to comprehend that much water coming that fast!!

Comment

Also mostly hit at night.

Comment

We hauled but to get out of our lease this am. Water was coming and we would be stuck for a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Raleigh View Post
            Was this a flash flood or just a build up from the Sept rains. Hard to imagine folks didn't have ample warning.

Prayers for all those involved.

It was normal level when we drove over at noon yesterday. Flash flood for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The hill country can flood quick fast and in a hurry. Prayers for all those caught in the middle of it and prayers up for the first responders volunteering to get into the middle of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                The hill country can flood quick fast and in a hurry. Prayers for all those caught in the middle of it and prayers up for the first responders volunteering to get into the middle of it.

in 2007 Parts of Burnet Cnty and Llano cnty received widespread 12-24" of rain in an 8 hour period. Morman Mill area received 24" . The flash flooding was crazy. That night we only had a 20% of rain

Comment

that's just absolutely crazy. Reminds me of the Wimberley 2015 floods. No warning whatsoever. The Dry Devils River just flooded Sonora a couple of weeks ago. One of the girls that works in the café there in Sonora lost her home to that flood.

Comment

Family friend sent us pics last night. Just awful, heading down this weekend to help. Neighbor has 6 in of water in her kitchen.

Comment

Sad stories. Sorry those people did not get some warning.
                      I am a weather nerd. I watch the radar constantly to check our various places.
                      Especially since we have a big creek we have to cross on my place and another one on my lease. But these flash flood photos are amazing.

Comment

The Llano is about to get hit again. Prayers to those in its path.

Comment

Was in Juntion yesterday.The river was a sight to see.They said one lady at the park who put a life jacket on was found 6 miles from Junction.The north Llano comes thru our place which is dry.We have had 30' of water in it with all the rains.

Comment

We got the huge slug of water at about 10:00 last night at the river house in Llano last night.

When Courtney got there, the swift water rescue team from Austin was staging in our front yard.

Didn't get really close to the house, but from what I'm hearing -- we had water on about half of our 1.5 acres.
                            Last edited by Atfulldraw; 10-09-2018, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Neighbor texted me this morning and reported that the water was gone and the back yard looked like the grass had been mowed down.

The water was up past those two small trees on the right side of the picture.

Comment

Looking at the gauge, the river has dropped over ten feet from the crest in the last ten hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X