Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Millenium for sure.

Comment

Mostly bow hunting with maybe rifle for pigs. I usually use a ground blind but want to do something different for this spot there are just so many to chose from. I thought about a lock on but those ladders look easier to maneuver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dkincaid View Post
        Mostly bow hunting with maybe rifle for pigs. I usually use a ground blind but want to do something different for this spot there are just so many to chose from. I thought about a lock on but those ladders look easier to maneuver

In my opinion, ladder stands are quicker, easier, and safer than lock ons.

Just be sure you keep the tie straps in good shape, and you'll be good to go.

After seeing Bob's wheelie ladders, I think I am going to do something similar to mine, but the wheels will be at the bottom of the stand instead of the top.

Rick

Comment

A couple of features I like on ladder stands:
          Flip up seat - so I can stand closer to the tree.
          Platform that extends back to the tree. This also allows standing closer to the tree and more positioning for shooting.
          Some of the best I've used have been Leverage Speed Ladder (pricey but easy to setup and best for shooting) and a model from Cabelas that is no longer available.

Comment

Those wheels were awesome

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
              In my opinion, ladder stands are quicker, easier, and safer than lock ons.

Just be sure you keep the tie straps in good shape, and you'll be good to go.

After seeing Bob's wheelie ladders, I think I am going to do something similar to mine, but the wheels will be at the bottom of the stand instead of the top.

Rick
              The wheels come right of and lay at the base of the tree. If you put them at the bottom then it makes it harder to get the deer onto the ladder and also makes for more weight when you hold up the top in.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                The wheels come right of and lay at the base of the tree. If you put them at the bottom then it makes it harder to get the deer onto the ladder and also makes for more weight when you hold up the top in.
                Got it.

Rick

Comment

What do you use to keep from gettin a waffle hiney?
                  Regular ole lawn chair cushion, tore out seat foam, polar hot seat, etc....?

Comment

I've always made my own and have probably a dozen. A couple I made with wheels on them so I could walk them in further and use them as a cart to take the deer out on.
                    This is what I recommend. Nice Bob!!!

Comment

I just use those $40-$50 clearance stands from academy or sportsmans guide.

Add a foam pad and I am good to go.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

I picked up a jumbo 18 ft from Sportsman's guide they were onsale

Comment

hawk makes good ones as well

Comment

I like to shoot while seated and I have found that ladder stands made for rifle hunters are awkward for use with a bow - especially a longbow. They are made to be set up with you facing the direction you are going to shoot. I like to set stands perpendicular to my main shooting lane so I am shooting out the left side of the stand, not the front. Not only do the safety rails get in the way but the armrest does as well. My solution? I bought an inexpensive model that just has the expanded metal platform to sit on. I then bolted a swiveling boat seat to that platform. Works great, you just have to make sure you have a safety harness attached to the tree.
                            Last edited by jerp; 08-17-2017, 12:26 PM.

Comment

jerp: have you tried assembling the stand without the side hand rails or the shooting rails? I just leave them off. No problem with stability. Sometimes you need extra washers for spacers.

I stand a lot and will frequently just stand on the expanded metal seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Arra View Post
                                jerp: have you tried assembling the stand without the side hand rails or the shooting rails? I just leave them off. No problem with stability. Sometimes you need extra washers for spacers.

I stand a lot and will frequently just stand on the expanded metal seat.
                                That is what I was worried about - I thought taking off the side rails would make it less sturdy. Glad to know that works - I have one another almost brand new one a guy left behind on our last lease. I will give that a try

Comment

Working...
                                X