Authoring HD video is SLOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Authoring HD video is SLOW

I have a fairly powerful HP (core 2 duo) PC running XP2, 2G memory. I'm editing with Studio 11.1. Slow, and crashes reliably if I click the mouse too fast. Editing takes 5x longer than Windows Movie Maker did with SD videos. It's PAINFUL.

I take video of youth football games, sometimes 3 a day, and process and distribute to coaches, it takes 3 days to do it all (in HD). It's killing me.

So what do you guys use? I'm wondering if Mac might be better solution than Windoze? Any ideas?

Here's what I'm running It zips through the stuff I work with, but not sure about HD.

Click image for larger version

Name:	macosx.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	23839888

If you do this everyday, GO LARGE!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      Here's what I'm running It zips through the stuff I work with, but not sure about HD.
      That was really my point, SD is fine, I use Movie Maker and I'm happy. I don't want anything facny, just take 50 clips from a football game, organize into Quarters, trim a few, and make a WMV file for distribution. Do it three times in one Saturday evening.

With HD, only Studio 11 handles it (at least last year), and it is DOG SLOW, and it crashes 5 times per movie.

Makes me want a Mac.

Comment

I agree buy a Mac and use iMovie or try Final Cut Express

Comment

HD Editing Running slow

My recommendation to speed up the process is to seperate where you are storing the HD video and the software you are using to edit it with. Most video edit systems like to store all video and audio content on one harddrive and run the editing software from another harddrive. An external harddrive is fairly cheap now days and may speed up your editing process.

Comment

Working...
          X