No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blanton’s when I can find it, Four Roses Smalll Batch, Bakers 107, Weller SR.

Comment

Anybody do any good on the Costco raffle deal? I had to work.

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
        I did, took my wife too. Started out as a complete cluster, but they finally got it together. Didn’t win anything, but they had some good bottles. Pretty large crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
          Went to the one in East Plano and it was a disaster. They started raffling off regular Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare first. Everyone was choosing to pass on those so their ticket could be put back in the drawing. finally after about 20 people passing, they decided to start raffling some of the more sought after bottles, but they only had 1 RVW, 1 Lot B, and 1 Stagg. They had several blanton's and Weller 12s, but it was pretty limited. Then there were some people with 200-500 tickets, because an employee was confused one day and started giving 1 raffle ticket per dollar spent rather than 1 ticket per person. Pretty much a complete cluster at this location.

Comment

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
            Went to the one in East Plano and it was a disaster. They started raffling off regular Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare first. Everyone was choosing to pass on those so their ticket could be put back in the drawing. finally after about 20 people passing, they decided to start raffling some of the more sought after bottles, but they only had 1 RVW, 1 Lot B, and 1 Stagg. They had several blanton's and Weller 12s, but it was pretty limited. Then there were some people with 200-500 tickets, because an employee was confused one day and started giving 1 raffle ticket per dollar spent rather than 1 ticket per person. Pretty much a complete cluster at this location.
            Dang that stinks and was probably frustrating

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of controversy surrounding the WB raffle.

In addition to the very poor format they used this year, apparently a handful of Qui Tequila reps rigged the raffle and 5 out of 6 who entered placed in the top 5 of raffle items.

Comment

Originally posted by Snacks View Post

In addition to the very poor format they used this year, apparently a handful of Qui Tequila reps rigged the raffle and 5 out of 6 who entered placed in the top 5 of raffle items.
                I read about that. Pathetic, it’s amazing what bourbon will do to some folks.

Comment

Grabbed this one during the week. Finally about to try it. 10yr single barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post

Grabbed this one during the week. Finally about to try it. 10yr single barrel.

Curious to hear your thoughts on this. I have had 2 bottles. One was like liquid gold and the other was like nail polish remover. Seems to be a lot of variation in their single barrels or maybe I just got a bottle from a bad barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
                      Curious to hear your thoughts on this. I have had 2 bottles. One was like liquid gold and the other was like nail polish remover. Seems to be a lot of variation in their single barrels or maybe I just got a bottle from a bad barrel.

I think I lucked out and got a good bottle. Only had one pour so far but it was very good!

Comment

This ol girl doesn’t have much left in her

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                          This ol girl doesn’t have much left in her
                          I bet it has been enjoyable to drink. I have only had that one in a bar, but it was quite tasty. Recently did a 1/2 ounce flight of the 15, 20, and 23 and I liked the 15 more than the 23.

Comment

Originally posted by Snacks View Post

Yep. I was there. Qui Rep was the first pulled in Pearland and got a P23.

Comment

Enjoy the heck out of this OWA single barrel store pick I just opened.

Comment

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Our Christmas Party was well attended.

Comment

Working...
                                X