No announcement yet.

Palmettto State Armory 6.5 Grendel Black Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simply amazing, I received my 6.5G 12" upper yesterday.

Comment

To The Top....... Can we get a range report on these PSA Grendel uppers? I have some Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket and I'm needing some TBH reviews before I make the purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Forester View Post
        To The Top....... Can we get a range report on these PSA Grendel uppers? I have some Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket and I'm needing some TBH reviews before I make the purchase.

My coworker bought one and he is having problems fine-tuning the cycling on it.
        He added a complete PSA lower to his PSA upper purchase.

It did not cycle ammo when new in box. It will fire the first round and hang up on second round.
        He has added an adjustable gas block to try to get it to work right.

he thought it was under gassed so he opened up the gas block more and more.
        I recommended he startwith the adjustable gas block mostly closed and walk it open one turn at a time till the gun cycles properly.
        I have yet to hear back from him on if this worked or not.

His purchase has not been a smooth transition into the AR world as this was his first one.

Hopefully this is an isolated case. I’m not bagging on PSA equipment as I own some of their stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And to add to your options- another coworker purchased the Bear creek arsenal 6.5g at the same time. (Supposedly questionable results on these)
          His his working fine and holding a decent enough 5 shot group with an unbroken in barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
            And to add to your options- another coworker purchased the Bear creek arsenal 6.5g at the same time. (Supposedly questionable results on these)
            His his working fine and holding a decent enough 5 shot group with an unbroken in barrel.

I purchased one of these in a 24 inch barrel, was just a hair over 200 I believe. Gun is at or around moa with about 100 rounds through it now and I have had no issues at all. Purchased a lower from PSA with EPT for 160 and I have a beater AR for <400. I think I'm going to purchase one in a 300 blk for my son next.

Comment

I have one of the 18” uppers. It has been flawless. First real group at 100 yards with it before it’s done being broken in. This was immediately after sighting it in. Factory Hornady ammo.
              Attached Files

Comment

Taking my time on assembling a new lower for the PSA upper. Got one of my 10 round mags from Larue. The other (26 round) is on back order . Need a buffer assembly, Bad Lever, and Geissele trigger for it. Already picked up a PRS Gen III stock from Brownels on a sale deal. Not sure what grip I'm going with yet. And I thought the gas block was adjustable? Guess I'll have to look at it again. But would have sworn it was when I looked at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  Taking my time on assembling a new lower for the PSA upper. Got one of my 10 round mags from Larue. The other (26 round) is on back order . Need a buffer assembly, Bad Lever, and Geissele trigger for it. Already picked up a PRS Gen III stock from Brownels on a sale deal. Not sure what grip I'm going with yet. And I thought the gas block was adjustable? Guess I'll have to look at it again. But would have sworn it was when I looked at it.
                  Mine's getting cerakoted so I'm waiting too. My gas block is adjustable but I got the rifle kit and not just the upper. Can't wait to get it back and assembled.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                    My coworker bought one and he is having problems fine-tuning the cycling on it.
                    He added a complete PSA lower to his PSA upper purchase.

It did not cycle ammo when new in box. It will fire the first round and hang up on second round.
                    He has added an adjustable gas block to try to get it to work right.

he thought it was under gassed so he opened up the gas block more and more.
                    I recommended he startwith the adjustable gas block mostly closed and walk it open one turn at a time till the gun cycles properly.
                    I have yet to hear back from him on if this worked or not.

His purchase has not been a smooth transition into the AR world as this was his first one.

Hopefully this is an isolated case. I’m not bagging on PSA equipment as I own some of their stuff.

Update, after a generous oiling my coworker states his 6.5 is cycling just fine. Evidently it didn't care for running dry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Finally got out to sight mine in today. For a sub $500 gun and a horrible trigger, I was pleased with the grouping for now. Hope to get more rounds in and get that bore slicked up. I believe a trigger replacement will make a big difference.

Top group was Alexander Arms 120gr NBT

Bottom is Hornady Black

Comment

I had to jump on the bandwagon too. My wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas, so I told her. I figured she'd get it right if I sent her links to each item...she did.

1. PSA 6.5 Grendel 20" upper
                        2. Nikon 4-12x40 P-Tactical .308 scope
                        3. Burris P.E.P.R. cantilever scope base (not QR)

Now I still need to get a lower. I'm torn though between getting one with the old style AR fixed-rifle stock or an adjustable one.

It must be a deer slaying fool of a round. Because on the crappy paid hunt I went on, I saw 6.5 Grendel shells in all of the blinds I sat. Just no deer.
                        Last edited by Wampuscat; 01-25-2019, 02:29 AM.

Comment

The 20 inch upper is back in stock . Just ordered mine..

Comment

I just got a 20" upper also. CMC 2 stage trigger for the lower. Waiting on mags.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                              Finally got out to sight mine in today. For a sub $500 gun and a horrible trigger, I was pleased with the grouping for now. Hope to get more rounds in and get that bore slicked up. I believe a trigger replacement will make a big difference.

Top group was Alexander Arms 120gr NBT

Bottom is Hornady Black

What was the range on these targets?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                                What was the range on these targets?

Comment

Working...
                                X