What is going on here?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
    Have you ever been on a Frac site? Even in Pennsylvania where the rules are unbelievable strict, it's still a mess.
    Money is all that matters to most people, but I sincerely hope I never see a frac site in a National Forest, or any type of progress for that matter.
    I'm far from a tree hugger, but we are destroying the waters and lands of this country, just as fast as we can.
    I disagree. The Forest Service is a multiple use agency.

Oil and Gas extraction on National Forest has been going on since the early 1900's. I worked for the U.S. Forest Service for 21 years inspecting and administering oil and gas operations. The authority to extract minerals on federal lands go back to the 1872 Mining Law.

The Forest Service manages access to, and development of, federal oil and natural gas resources on approximately one-third of the over 150 national forests and grasslands. The Federal Onshore Oil and Gas Leasing Reform Act of 1987 established the Forest Service authority to decide if lands reserved from the public domain under its jurisdiction could be leased for oil and gas, and gave the agency authority to regulate surface disturbing activities on leases issued under this act. The Mineral Leasing Act for Acquired Lands of 1947 established the Forest Service consent authority for leasing acquired NFS lands for oil and gas resources. The Forest Service manages oil and gas activity according to its regulations at 36 CFR 228 Subpart E.

The Forest Service participates with the DOI- Bureau of Land Management (BLM) in managing federal oil and gas resources on National Forest System (NFS) lands. The Forest Service and the BLM cooperate on approving drilling permits on federal oil and gas leases involving NFS lands.

I worked hand in hand with BLM inspectors making sure drilling operations were conducted in accordance with existing regulations. Most lease holders were very cooperative and prudent. When we did have issues we had the authority to make sure the operators complied with the laws and regulations.

Most folks don't realize that 25% of the receipts from oil and gas operations on federal lands go back to the counties, where the production takes place, for schools and roads.

Comment

In my neck of the woods they are have been drilling wells in the WMA and pushing big roads to get to these sites. Bulldozing for pipelines also and multiple water trucks in and out. Prior to this they would barely let you walk into these places. Money definitely talks and bs walks. As far as how it effects the environment, oh well it appears not much of a concern to the powers that be. But please don’t let a teenager be caught riding through there with a .22 in their vehicle.

Comment

There is some BS in this thread.
        MAGA!

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
          We get it ok. You are very short sided imo and I think you are lacking the ability to see the big picture.

I am glad that Trump had the money to run for president and even more so that he won. When you look at what the alternative was it was easy to vote for him. He has exceeded my expectations and has been very effective in making the necessary changes that this country desperately needed.

If you put Trump filing for bankruptcy at the same level of destruction to people's lives that Obama did and the Clintons have done then you really only see what you want. By the way there is no healthy HATE as you put, sorry there just isn't.

When you take risk and don't make it there are legal means to wipe the slate and start over and if it wasn't for that there would be very few successful business people. No one likes having to file for bankruptcy. You ride on top of a mighty high horse the way you judge and look down upon Trump and if you fall its a long fall from that high horse that you so proudly ride.

I do know that people like George Soros that has billions has destroyed many people's lives over the years. I would say that Trump has done good things with his money overall and by being in a financial position to run for president and winning is the biggest. He will have a positive impact that will affect millions of people and the long term prosperity it will bring for them as well as our country makes you look childish and petty for focusing on him filing bankruptcy.

By the way are you aware of what particular bankruptcy filings Trump has actually used?
          Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
          I'll wait for the answer to this question.

Originally posted by Charles View Post
          Have you wrote your congressman or senator demanding they abolish the bankruptcy Laws in the country?
          He doesn't want them abolished. Just where "rich" people can't use them Duh!

He obviously never ran a business much less a complicated one or 10 or 30.. I assume he thinks that business #12 should lose money to bail out the one going bankrupt. But he doesn't understand that's not possible when you have bondholders and stockholders. Even if it was possible it would be a stupid business move. That would be like paying more taxes to the IRS by NOT using a deduction because you want things to "be fair"

I can't even believe this is being discussed. But how in hades would you let some business go bankrupt but not others? That would be a mind boggling task to figure out. Since each business is owned by multiple different people LOL

Please clear this new bk law thing you want and let us know how it should work.. Besides being vague and saying billionaires use it.
          Last edited by RiverRat1; 10-20-2018, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
            I disagree. The Forest Service is a multiple use agency.

Oil and Gas extraction on National Forest has been going on since the early 1900's. I worked for the U.S. Forest Service for 21 years inspecting and administering oil and gas operations. The authority to extract minerals on federal lands go back to the 1872 Mining Law.

The Forest Service manages access to, and development of, federal oil and natural gas resources on approximately one-third of the over 150 national forests and grasslands. The Federal Onshore Oil and Gas Leasing Reform Act of 1987 established the Forest Service authority to decide if lands reserved from the public domain under its jurisdiction could be leased for oil and gas, and gave the agency authority to regulate surface disturbing activities on leases issued under this act. The Mineral Leasing Act for Acquired Lands of 1947 established the Forest Service consent authority for leasing acquired NFS lands for oil and gas resources. The Forest Service manages oil and gas activity according to its regulations at 36 CFR 228 Subpart E.

The Forest Service participates with the DOI- Bureau of Land Management (BLM) in managing federal oil and gas resources on National Forest System (NFS) lands. The Forest Service and the BLM cooperate on approving drilling permits on federal oil and gas leases involving NFS lands.

I worked hand in hand with BLM inspectors making sure drilling operations were conducted in accordance with existing regulations. Most lease holders were very cooperative and prudent. When we did have issues we had the authority to make sure the operators complied with the laws and regulations.

Most folks don't realize that 25% of the receipts from oil and gas operations on federal lands go back to the counties, where the production takes place, for schools and roads.

Thank you for posting this. I find it naive and silly that people will say that drilling sites are harming the environment. Any rig manager will tell you it’s his job if that site is not up to multiple agency standards. And when it’s done, that area is NOT toxic, leaking gas or oil, and not harming wildlife.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              I'll wait for the answer to this question.
              I already answered the question, but based off your responses, the only comment you're actually paying attention to is your own.

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              He doesn't want them abolished. Just where "rich" people can't use them Duh!
              This is another unnecessary comment based on nothing that I said, and just your slanted interpretation of what I said.

I want people who have money - rich or poor - to pay what they owe if they are able to. I want people who have been provided a service, to be paid the agreed amount. I don't want "good business" to come at the expense of someone else's hard work and determination.

It is not a difficult concept. If you have billions of dollars, pay for what you owe. Good business should be taking care of your responsibilities according to the terms that you agree.

If you can't, that's understandable. If you can, and you are just using the system at the expense of another, it is not acceptable in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                I already answered the question, but based off your responses, the only comment you're actually paying attention to is your own.

This is another unnecessary comment based on nothing that I said, and just your slanted interpretation of what I said.

I want people who have money - rich or poor - to pay what they owe if they are able to. I want people who have been provided a service, to be paid the agreed amount. I don't want "good business" to come at the expense of someone else's hard work and determination.

It is not a difficult concept. If you have billions of dollars, pay for what you owe. Good business should be taking care of your responsibilities according to the terms that you agree.

If you can't, that's understandable. If you can, and you are just using the system at the expense of another, it is not acceptable in my opinion.
                To start do you mean people or a business?

Do you understand/know there are a ton of laws that structure where remaining money goes? Like who gets paid first, second, third etc.

The business does not sit on a pile of cash, declare bk, and then walk away with money. Neither can a person who files bk.

Now a "rich" man can own part of a business and the business can go bk and the man keep his personal money. I have to assume this is what you're talking about.

Comment

I want people who have money - rich or poor - to pay what they owe if they are able to.
                  Especially when you have already repossessed the car for non payment. Had to return it because he filed within the 10 day grace period.
                  I will take whos job is it to decide if "people have money" or "if they are able to pay it back" for $500 Alex?

What is, the lender and or investor?

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                    I will take whos job is it to decide if "people have money" or "if they are able to pay it back" for $500 Alex?

What is, the lender and or investor?

If I owed people lots of money I will then transfer all money to my wife or kid. Then I won't have money and it will all be cool with JJ to not pay them back.

Or better yet I could spend it all. Then it's all cool also. Dumb***** savers

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                      So sorry, I misunderstood the concept. You posted something on a public forum, but don't want anyone commenting. You should have gone on CNN last night with Roberto!
                      I applaud you for commenting, but only smart comments next time,OKAY? now go on,move it along and have a good day my friend and stop watching CNN, you got time to read post and reply so quick but don't have time to do some research on the negative effects of blue screen on your brain???? Ok now I'm confused...anyway leave it alone grown men don't argue on a forum, let's go on CNN LIVE lol later man
                      Last edited by DeerBySchultz; 10-22-2018, 11:22 PM. Reason: Ok

Comment

Originally posted by DeerBySchultz View Post
                        I applaud you for commenting, but only smart comments next time,OKAY? now go on,move it along and have a good day my friend and stop watching CNN, you got time to read post and reply so quick but don't have time to do some research on the negative effects of blue screen on your brain???? Ok now I'm confused...anyway leave it alone grown men don't argue on a forum, let's go on CNN LIVE lol later man
                        Pot, meet kettle. Looking in the mirror, I see.

Comment

Ironman, You need to quit wasting good keystrokes on this pathetic twerp... You KNOW you can't have a battle of wits with an unarmed person, right?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            Ironman, You need to quit wasting good keystrokes on this pathetic twerp... You KNOW you can't have a battle of wits with an unarmed person, right?
                            Yeah, I know, but idiotic arrogance needs pointed out.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              If you were as slick as your name implies you wouldn't have wasted KEYSTROKES YOURSELF. take your own advice and look in the mirror, you will be surprised to find the real pathetic twerp!

Comment

Originally posted by DeerBySchultz View Post
                                If you were as slick as your name implies you wouldn't have wasted KEYSTROKES YOURSELF. take your own advice and look in the mirror, you will be surprised to find the real pathetic twerp!
                                It's pretty obvious from your total post count just how much you contribute to the site because you can see most right here in this thread and it exposes your attitude and pot stirring capabilities.

Comment

Working...
                                X