The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
    The new NM carcass tags are pretty large. What a waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea, they're ridiculous. They gave me two of those beasts for Spring turkey. Pretty sure I could have figured out a way to put my two spring turkey tags, my elk tag, and my deer tag on that same amount of paper or less...but at least we've got carcass tags again.

Comment

When do y’all think they will kick off the rut this year in Colorado and when do y’all think the peak will be?

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
        Michael and I are going to be recording a podcast about elk hunting in the next week.. What topics do you want us to cover?? If you have any questions ask away..
        1) what do you look for when e-scouting and studying your areas?

2) what boots are you running and why?

3) what is your layering system for early-mid September?

Comment

Michael and I are going to be recording a podcast about elk hunting in the next week.. What topics do you want us to cover?? If you have any questions ask away..

Im also interested in E scouting info and tips. It all looks good on satellite but in person its a whole different ball game and end up going to plan B because of it.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Where you hunt, plan a, b, and c. Haha

Really though

Packing the right gear, what you think you need vs what you really need. Multi purpose items

Hunting buddies

Fire and winter kill stats

Comment

Anyone hunted unit 51A in NM? Got a UW landowner tag prolly going 2nd archery season, if not 1st. Lookin for some info on the unit if anyone has any? Feel free to PM me, thanks in advance guys!

Comment

Here's some info that might be helpful to you and anyone (like me) who has a tag in that part of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
                  Here's some info that might be helpful to you and anyone (like me) who has a tag in that part of the country.

https://taosnews.com/stories/carson-...s-others,49185
                  dang that sucks, so what happens if an when is still under closure when hunting season rolls around???

Comment

I don't know, but I'm going to find out. I hope that NMDGF refunds tag cost, if the Feds issue the closure.

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
                      I don't know, but I'm going to find out. I hope that NMDGF refunds tag cost, if the Feds issue the closure.
                      I would be utterly shocked if refunds were issued.

Comment

Just got off the phone with NMDGF. They said they'd cross that bridge when they get there. Apparently, refunds have to be approved by the ED. They neither confirmed nor denied.

Comment

Originally posted by txpanhandle32 View Post
                          dang that sucks, so what happens if an when is still under closure when hunting season rolls around???
                          I highly doubt the feds want to have anything to do with something like that.

Comment

Instead of OTC elk my brother and I decided to cash in our AZ deer points. Headed to the Kaibab in late August to hunt muleys! Looking forward to the new experience!

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
                              Instead of OTC elk my brother and I decided to cash in our AZ deer points. Headed to the Kaibab in late August to hunt muleys! Looking forward to the new experience!
                              Doesn't get much better than the Kaibab! Good luck to y'all Terry!

Comment

Thank you sir!

Comment

Working...
                                X