crawfish prices/size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crawfish prices/size?

Does anyone know the price for a bag of live crawfish? Also what size are the crawfish this time of year?
    thanks

Around here they are still fairly small and around $4-5$lb live.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I payed $4.25lb for Superbowl in Brenham. Last weekend they were $4.77lb. Payed $5.50 for cooked at Repkas last Friday.

Comment

$5/lb near Houston and small.

Comment

Too **** much. Paid $150 for a sack of small crawfish this past week. Have to wait a few more weeks or a month.

Comment

Prices are reflective of supply/demand. Supply should be picking up more and more every week now, but so will demand to some extent. Size will generally increase also but can differ by batch. May have to hunt for larger crawfish, but problem is there is no industry standard for size grades. So descriptors alone are not very useful. Large, jumbo, #1s, etc. will mean different things to different vendors/sellers. Keep in mind tho that small and immature crawfish will yield more pounds of tail meat per live weight purchased.

Comment

thanks for all the help

Comment

Wholesale prices dropped quite a bit this week....you should see sub $4 live prices out there...crawfish are still relatively small but getting better.

Comment

Just got a text from Boyds in Texas City. $2.86 per pound by the sack. Today and Friday. You need to be on thier text list for thier specials.

Comment

Originally posted by Raleigh View Post
                      Just got a text from Boyds in Texas City. $2.86 per pound by the sack. Today and Friday. You need to be on thier text list for thier specials.
                      That's funny my text $2.97/lb mixed live and $4.99/lb cooked. I may have to call and complain that I get a higher price.

Comment

Anyone know of anywhere in college station to get live crawfish by the sack?

Comment

HEB or BCS crawfish

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                            That's funny my text $2.97/lb mixed live and $4.99/lb cooked. I may have to call and complain that I get a higher price.
                            LOL,
                            You are correct. 2.97. Dang I almost created a mob scene on the dike.

Comment

following

Comment

Working...
                              X