Help me design new Sarrels blueridge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me design new Sarrels blueridge.

I am thinking about having Bob build me a blueridge SR for my 50th birthday in a couple months. I have a 64" Sierra and a Puma recurve. I want this one to be special but can't decide on what wood to use. What do you guys have and what do you like? Pics would be awesome. Thanks.

Cocobolo and Osage!!!! A forever Classic combo!!

Comment

Wenge and Bocote.
      Wenge and Myrtle
      Black and White Ebony
      Red Cocobolo and Bocote
      Osage and Bocote

Comment

I love cocobolo and bocote, but everyone always comments on how they love my bamboo backed bow.

Comment

I like a lighter colored limb veneers with some pattern to it like Tamo Ash, Curly or Birdseye Maple, Birch Burl, Mappa Burl, paired with a slightly darker handle -

Comment

You guys have any pics of the wood combos?

Bob wants to use Myrtle for some of it.

Comment

I have a soft spot for REALLY figured woods. So with that in muind my last custom bow had Birds Eye Maple veneer belly and Cocbolo riser. Cocobolo is a unique wood. I had another bow made with it and it did not have as much figure as this one. Really all that matters is find a pattern you like and go with it. Let Bob build off the one aspect. Like pic a figured riser wood, or limb veneer and turn him loose. From what I have seen, you will not be disappointed.
              Attached Files

Comment

That's a beautiful bow. Got to get Bob to work fast. My 15 yr old Sierra broke tonight on about the 20th shot. It was my best shooting bow. Scared the crap out of me when the limb popped at full draw. I knew it was only a matter of time. Gonna have to hunt with the Puma recurve for a while.

Comment

Ooh, I hate to hear about your Sierra!!!! Bobs got a good eye and mind for things that go together on a bow, so talk with him and tell him what you are looking for, and I'll bet he can come up with another stellar combination.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                  X