Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever hunt the Caddo Grasslands in Fannin County?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever hunt the Caddo Grasslands in Fannin County?

Never hear much about Fannin County. Has anyone hunted the area? See or kill anything? Let us know unless it's top secret

I"ve hunted it a couple of times. Took my boat to help get back to a couple of parts that otherwise would be a long hike to.
    Seen a few deer. LOTS of hogs up there.
    I do know there have been some very good sized deer taken up that way.

Comment

i know of a guy that has a few hundred acres backing right up to it, that would let you put a stand and feeder on there. his only condition is you keep the feeder full and help plant a food plot. i used to hunt there alot, seen lots of deer but havent killed anything. but the antler restriction has been in place there for a couple years now so maybe it has helped. pm if you want that landowners info

Comment

I have not hunted there in a while. Saw some nice deer there just not in range. The spot I liked hunting the most was behind the dam.

Comment

Archery only

Archery only on the Fannin Unit for deer this year. Not many deer but lot's of hog sign up on the north end. Long walk but you young guys can handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
            Archery only on the Fannin Unit for deer this year. Not many deer but lot's of hog sign up on the north end. Long walk but you young guys can handle it.
            How long of a walk?

Comment

it's very useful article, thanks.

can you kindly PM your MSN to me, thank you.
              __________________________________________________ ____________________________
              I want to sell my car beacause of serious diabetes, if you want to buy my beauty Corolla car , pls contact me by kaiyure2000@gmail.com.

Comment

Working...
              X