No announcement yet.

Reticle Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know exactly what the OP is referring to..........recently went with a Leupold VX5HD with the WindPlex reticle. Plain duplex with windage hash marks. Very similar to the Huskemaw reticle. As uncluttered as possible, but still allows for a measured wind hold. I also have a Vortex HSLR with a BDC reticle, and don't think it clutters things up as much as "tactical" or "Christmas Tree" reticles. While those are very effective for distance shooting, I just prefer a simpler reticle to go with my simple brain...

Stu

Comment

I use my reticle for a few things and it very rarely is holdover. It 2 primary uses are as a ranging option for unknown distance targets and an easier way to judge follow up shots by measuring how far you missed when spotting for yourself.

Comment

If you are using the turrets to dial up, just be sure the scope you are planning on buying is known to be repeatable. It sucks to dial up and back down and the scope not be back at zero.

Comment

I was thinking about this post last night. You may want to look through some larger tube diameters than the standard hunting 1". I know the z-plex on the second focal place actually takes up more real estate then some of my higher end 34mm F1 scopes with ranging reticles. The bigger tubes will typically be heavier, but there are some good options in your price range.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrsailfish View Post
            Look at the vortex scopes
            I’m a 100% vortex supporter. All options. But in the bigger, higher$ scopes, you may be right. They may not have a duplex option. These reticles are getting more popular along with precision or LR shooting, and because they are quicker to shoot variable distances than by turning turrets. Especially if they are capped.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
              Swarovski Z3
              X3

Comment

The tree reticle s are geared to comp shooters. They have no dial stages, you can more accurately more quickly measure misses if you can see your impact.

I have one on a mossburg mpv223,,, to me it is head and heals above anything else for prairie dog shooting,,,, I was able to routinely hammer prairie dogs well beyond what I was sighted for,,, and not once did I ever have to jack with the scope... so when the rifle got put up until the next shoot,, the scope is still exactly 3" high at 100 yards... i never have to adjust the scope,, and we shot as far as 700 yards,,

Comment

Working...
                X