No announcement yet.

Conscious Sedation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had several ESI shots a few years ago, an endoscope a couple of years ago, and a colonoscopy last fall. All started with someone saying "ok, lets start with x amont of versed", next thing I know I am waking up in a bed or an easy chair, only to go home 30 mins or so later.
    Had a valium IV for wisdom teeth surgery in 1975. I didn't care what they did, had to ask them to scratch my nose a few times. Thank god I couldn't feel anything, but the noises it made kind of freaked me out. Local wore off and I had a lot of pain, but it hurt less than the pressure the teeth were putting on my upper and lower jaw.

Don't sweat it, take pain meds as soon as you can post surgery, and keep up with them. Next day after is much better. Good luck.

Comment

Here we go, ladies and gentlemen. Headed to do something I have dreaded and put off for the last 15 years. Should be a good time. If I don’t post by lunch tomorrow that probably means I wasn’t monitored properly!

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
        I had the pill when I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed. They said it wouldn’t make me fall asleep but that I wouldn’t remember any of it. They were right. I gotta wonder though, just because I didn’t remember does that mean it didn’t hurt?!
        Wish I could say the same. I had the sedation pill when I had my wisdom teeth removed. Unfortunately, I woke up during the procedure in horrendous pain. I was ready to hurt the doc. They had to call my wife to come calm me down. Worst pain I’ve ever felt.

Comment

I think dentists and their assistants prefer using the conscious sedation simply for the entertainment value. It sure makes their work day interesting

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
            Here we go, ladies and gentlemen. Headed to do something I have dreaded and put off for the last 15 years. Should be a good time. If I don’t post by lunch tomorrow that probably means I wasn’t monitored properly!
            LOL.....prayers up that they monitored you.

Comment

And...done! Best dental experience ever. If go finish tomorrow if money was no issue. Gentle Dentle in San Marcos rocks!

Comment

Good to hear your alive!

Comment

Glad you survived

Comment

Working...
                  X