Bowhunter Education Field Day HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowhunter Education Field Day HELP!!

I am trying desperately to find a Bowhunter Education field day within 2 hours,of the DFW metroplex. Ive started my course online,but need a field day to complet it. However, I cant find one! I contacted Cinnamon Creek Ranch,they are only holding 1,this weekend (tho their Facebook events page sez,nxt Sunday. Which would have worked out,since I was already off work next weekend anyway,but not this weekend) and Fort Gaurd only has like 2 or 3 ppl interested in a class,so that may or may not happen due to,its not worth time and energy to put on a event for just a handful of people,which I fully understand. Soooooo...anyone of one being held else where soon? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BH Ed

Look on the TPWD website, education, archery, bowhunter education. Search based on your zip code.

Myself and Recar are conducting the course this weekend at CCR. There is a course in Sherman 26 May, and a fall course in Corsicana 11 Aug.

I am thinking of doing another course late July/early August, but haven't planned that far out yet.

Comment

When I searched by zip code it showed nothing within 200 miles of me. CCR had theirs listed on their Facebook page as May 27th,which I found out today,isnt correct its tomorrow. Glad I found out tho,would have wasted half a tank of gas driving up there for nothing. I just need the field day by the time Hagerman needs proof of it,if I get drawn

Comment

Just really floors me that a place that advertises them selves as,the premier archery facility in the DFW metroplex,would only hold,1 field day for a archery related, bowhunter education class. I would think they would be hosting atlest once a month,during the summer leading into hunting seasons,not just here in Texas but those that draw non resident tags in other states

Comment

Don't be floored, CCR doesn't hold the courses, they allow us as VOLUNTEER TPWD instructors to hold a class in their facilities. They are a business, and I have nothing but good things to say about CCR, very good hosts!

There isn't enough demand for the BH Ed courses to fill more than a handful of courses per year (not mandatory in Texas). We are supposed to have a minimum of 5 participants for a course, and I've had to cancel a couple.

The course that myself and Recar have this weekend was posted to the Campfire forum as well as the TPWD site back in early February, RGB posted a Dallas course at the end of January, and knowing him also to the TPWD as well.

So, are you up for a late July/early August course?

Comment

Mean no bad against those guys up there at CCR, I guess I just would expect more of a place that has branded them selves the place to go for everything archery. I mean they carry every major bow brand,for hunting,Olympic target,3D. Huge 3D area,outdoor range,indoor and that huge events center,mean no disrespect.
            Will July,August be in time for me to have what I need if I get drawn for Hagerman?

Comment

I know currently they are allowing folks to enter the draw without the bow ed,but you must show them proof that you have obtained it,if you didnt have it at the time of application for Hagerman

Comment

I would recommend you follow the Hagerman announcement, my advice wouldn't be founded in the NWR rules.

Comment

Copy and pasted right from the PDF file about the draw...
                  You are not required to have completed a bowhunter education (BHE) course to be eligible to apply, however you MUST have completed a BHE course before you will be allowed to hunt. Your BHE card must be shown at hunter check-in.
                  So if Im reading this part correct,I would have until day of the hunt to have the Bow Ed card in my hand?

Comment

I'll say it. CCR normally charges for use of their facilities. They allow TP&W, and the TP&W certified volunteer BE instructors, occasional use the facility for free.

From what you posted, I'd say you are correct. But if you have doubt, then I'd call the refuge just to have all your bases covered.

Hope you can find something that works for ya Stacy.

Comment

I understand that,they are a business for sure and I dnt know the full story of the ins and outs of how stuff works up there. Just hoped as the archery place to go,that they would have a couple more bow ed classes and field days avalible. But I do understand now that because its not a required thing in Texas,other than those wanting to hunt Hagerman and the like,its not a easy class to fill like the regular hunters ed. I will try and call up to the office there at the NWR and ask when the absolute last day avalible to show proof of bow ed is. If its day of check in for the hunt,then Im good to go,pack up my Mathews and all take razorback's offer for July/August in Corsicana. Shoot I go threw all this work and probably wont even get drawn lol But lest Ill have it for any areas in west Texas and when I return to the DFW area in a couple years

Comment

Originally posted by beararcher_84 View Post
                        Copy and pasted right from the PDF file about the draw...
                        You are not required to have completed a bowhunter education (BHE) course to be eligible to apply, however you MUST have completed a BHE course before you will be allowed to hunt. Your BHE card must be shown at hunter check-in.
                        So if Im reading this part correct,I would have until day of the hunt to have the Bow Ed card in my hand?

And you are correct on what it says, go to Razorbacks course he puts on a good one.

Comment

He do the whole course or just the field portion? Ya know?

Comment

Be glad they have it up there, I have been looking for one around Houston for going on 3 years with no luck. Have had the online portion done just need the field day

Comment

Yep!! Ive been looking for about a year now,and seam to always miss them

Comment

Working...
                              X