Neches Alligator Hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neches Alligator Hunt?

Anyone ever been on the Angelina Neches Dam B alligator hunt? My daughter was just drawn for the youth hunt and I have no idea what to expect. We've hunted JD Murphree a couple times before with success, but I've never even been in the vicinity of Dam B.

Thanks for any help.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
    Anyone ever been on the Angelina Neches Dam B alligator hunt? My daughter was just drawn for the youth hunt and I have no idea what to expect. We've hunted JD Murphree a couple times before with success, but I've never even been in the vicinity of Dam B.

Thanks for any help.

I know it has plenty of gators,,, been awhile since I fished it but about their used be a huge concentration south of 190 about1/2 mile in a bend of the river channel,, water is only about 4 feet deep.... I would suggest a fishing trip to look around,,,, much of the lake is very shallow with plenty of flats to run up on so a push pole is a very good idea...,,, the only deep water is in the river channel, north of the hwy it is very distinct,, going south toward the dam the channel is very easy to loose,,, there are a number of creek channels you can pass through pretty easy

Comment

Get with the guys that run the hunt, the park guys, and the corp guys. They will know where the gators are. they usually kill some big ones every year.

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
        I know it has plenty of gators,,, been awhile since I fished it but about their used be a huge concentration south of 190 about1/2 mile in a bend of the river channel,, water is only about 4 feet deep.... I would suggest a fishing trip to look around,,,, much of the lake is very shallow with plenty of flats to run up on so a push pole is a very good idea...,,, the only deep water is in the river channel, north of the hwy it is very distinct,, going south toward the dam the channel is very easy to loose,,, there are a number of creek channels you can pass through pretty easy
        Thanks

Comment

Hunts are generally by compartment. You'll be given a designated area in which to hunt
          . There are some big ones in there, good luck!

Comment

There are some BIG gators in Dam B

Comment

We hunted there a few years ago. Management hunt. Allowed 3 gators under 5' each person. 2 of us went first time ever on gator. Regular bowfishing gear got 5 gators and missed ALOT!! It was easy at first but they wised up quick. We saw some monsters also. We took 18' aluminum with 90 yami. Sharp fishing arrows a must, if a little dull or bent bounce right off. Bug spray!! Good spotlight, ice chest. There were guys there skinning and processing for like 50 each. They worked hard!! It was a blast. Wish I had drawn this year. Y'all will have fun. Bug spray!!

Comment

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
                We hunted there a few years ago. Management hunt. Allowed 3 gators under 5' each person. 2 of us went first time ever on gator. Regular bowfishing gear got 5 gators and missed ALOT!! It was easy at first but they wised up quick. We saw some monsters also. We took 18' aluminum with 90 yami. Sharp fishing arrows a must, if a little dull or bent bounce right off. Bug spray!! Good spotlight, ice chest. There were guys there skinning and processing for like 50 each. They worked hard!! It was a blast. Wish I had drawn this year. Y'all will have fun. Bug spray!!
                Thanks for the info.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I put in this year for several gator hunts

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
                    I put in this year for several gator hunts

Any luck getting drawn?

Comment

Any luck getting drawn?

I havent checked yet. Are results out???

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
                        I havent checked yet. Are results out???

For alligator they are. If you were drawn they would have sent an email already, but you can log in to verify.

Comment

For alligator they are. If you were drawn they would have sent an email already, but you can log in to verify.

I prob didnt get drawn then lol

Comment

First dates have been drawn for, the second dates are still pending. Keeping my fingers crossed I get lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                              First dates have been drawn for, the second dates are still pending. Keeping my fingers crossed I get lucky.
                              I just looked. Im pending 2nd Application now on 2 hunts

Comment

Working...
                              X