Single pin sights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single pin sights?

Let’s talk single pin sights, HHA, trophy ridge, tru-glo, spot-hogg...

I have no experience with them, I know there’s cheap ones and really expensive ones and multi pin ones and red dot ones. But I have never messed with them.

I currently have a Montana black Gold Vengeance that I’ve had for about 5-6 years now. Been a very solid sight with great adjustment, just always wanted to go the single pin route.

What’s some good recommendations for lower end budget (about $150 and less) that’s pretty simple to operate and learn to use?

Drawbacks over multi pin sights other than know your range and adjust before you shoot

I recently started shooting a single pin and love it. HHA Optimizer Lite is well within your price range and has done the trick for me. While you've got the ability to adjust for distance, I've found that I just adjust my aim slightly... at closer distances at least.

The best single pin adjustable bow sight in the archery industry the award winner Optimizer Lite from HHA Sports has repeatedly set the bar for this product category.

Comment

Hha

Comment

hha all the way

only drawback like u mentioned is need to adust if shooting out past 30- but once you get used to it its nice having such a clear field of view

no other drawback for me, i personally like ranging and rolling to exact number vs 5-10 increments

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
          Let’s talk single pin sights, HHA, trophy ridge, tru-glo, spot-hogg...

I have no experience with them, I know there’s cheap ones and really expensive ones and multi pin ones and red dot ones. But I have never messed with them.

I currently have a Montana black Gold Vengeance that I’ve had for about 5-6 years now. Been a very solid sight with great adjustment, just always wanted to go the single pin route.

What’s some good recommendations for lower end budget (about $150 and less) that’s pretty simple to operate and learn to use?

Drawbacks over multi pin sights other than know your range and adjust before you shoot
          The number one drawback to me would be when the animal moves and you have to readjust or just hold high or low. I tried one, didn't like it, but you might. If I were to use one, it would be a couple fixed pins and a slider and it would be MBG.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
            I recently started shooting a single pin and love it. HHA Optimizer Lite is well within your price range and has done the trick for me. While you've got the ability to adjust for distance, I've found that I just adjust my aim slightly... at closer distances at least.

http://www.hhasports.com/catalog/4/optimizer-lite/
            Originally posted by Terry View Post
            Hha
            Originally posted by kingranch View Post
            hha all the way

only drawback like u mentioned is need to adust if shooting out past 30- but once you get used to it its nice having such a clear field of view

no other drawback for me, i personally like ranging and rolling to exact number vs 5-10 increments
            The HHA has been one name that I have heard the most when it comes to single pins. So it’s gotten more attention as far as looking. I’m not much on shooting past 30-40 yards. Can’t see that far in east Texas anyway .

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              The number one drawback to me would be when the animal moves and you have to readjust or just hold high or low. I tried one, didn't like it, but you might. If I were to use one, it would be a couple fixed pins and a slider and it would be MBG.
              Yea, I totally agree. That’s the one drawback I would know of. I would love another MGB, I just don’t think another $250 sight is in the works right now. But the one I have was worth the $200+ I spent on it.

Comment

I really like my spott Hogg fast eddie xl with the double pin. Switched from a 5 pin and don’t see myself going back

Comment

On the HHA, can you add a rheostat light to them for night hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                    On the HHA, can you add a rheostat light to them for night hunting?

Yeah HHA makes a light for their sights.

Another vote for HHA here, the dial is much nicer than the slider, love mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Trophy Ridge React Alpha

Comment

Apex covert pro

Comment

Axcel Accutouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                            Trophy Ridge React Alpha
                            Very interesting Jeff, just watched a good review video and that sight has a lot of good stuff for the price

Comment

I have the Tru Glo. Works good for me. Just can't see spending a fortune on a sight.

Comment

Working...
                              X